Sleep is Death Still on RC

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by RandyS, May 18, 2006.

1. RandyS

RandyS Member

Hi,

I just upgraded Parallels to RC. I use it to run a Windows XP Pro VM and updated the Parallels Tools.

Two anomalies (continue to) occur:

1) The MacBook does not go to sleep on schedule.
    2) After Windows activates its screensaver, it cannot be reawakened.

Once I discovered (2), I tried to Pause the VM, but everything in the Parallels realm hung and the Activity Monitor showed Parallels not responding. I had to force a hard quit to get out.

As far as I can tell, this is pretty much the same state of affairs as existed in all previous betas I tried.

Randall Schulz

2. murmur

murmur Bit poster

I'm having a similar or the same issue. When running an installer for Fedora Core 6 or MINIX3 (the only OSs i have tried yet) Parallels will silently freeze the VM and then the program will become unresponsive and require a force quit.

Is this already filed as a bug?

Brandon

3. RandyS

RandyS Member

Hi,

On a lark, I rebooted my Mac (-Book Pro) and now the sleep-death syndrom is gone.

Did I miss the instructions to reboot the host system after installing RC over Beta 6??

RRS

4. RS2

RS2 Bit poster

Mac windows messed up

Have just installed fresh RC works fine in windowed mode but scrambles mac windows on return
    network is fine using airport on my mbp 17" instal was sweet will try same resolution for windows as mac