Quicken 2007

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by rlbarry, Jan 5, 2008.

1. rlbarry

rlbarry Bit poster

I am trying to install Quicken 2007 in Vista through Parallels. On a clean installation of Vista, I ran the Quicken 2007 installation as administrator, I didn't allow it to update at the end, but when I try to launch the program, I get the following error:

"Your Quicken program files (not your data files) may have been damaged. You will need to reinstall Quicken."

The very first time I installed it, I failed to run it as administrator and I let it do the updates at the end of the installation. After reading posts on this and other forums, I thought those two things might be the problem, so I removed the entire Vista virtual machine and re-installed it before trying to install Quicken again, but I still get the same error.

I don't know what else to try at this point. Has anyone else successfully gotten Quicken 2007 to work in Vista through Parallels? Did anyone else get this error I'm getting? How did you get around it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Rachael

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Rachael,

Are you trying to install Quicken 2007 from a CD-Rom or from the web-site?

With best wishes for a Happy New Year,
    Xenos

3. rlbarry

rlbarry Bit poster

I'm installing it from a CD.

4. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Sorry I can't help, but I have Quicken 2008 running in an XP machine.

5. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello all,

Rachael, you seem to have some problems with the Quicken 2007 installation disk. Could you check if the disk is intact?

Best regards,
    Xenos