Ctrl+Break still not working in VB6

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mjs, Dec 11, 2007.

1. mjs

mjs Member

Hi,

I have to use VB6 (Microsoft Visual Basic 6) and it's extremely annoying that I cannot stop VB6 applications with Ctrl+Break (Actions, Send Keys, Ctrl+Break) while debugging them. This bug exists since 2.5 and is not fixed yet.

Example: Create a "Form" with a "Button". Write in the "Clicked" event handler a "MsgBox" command. Start the application with F5, click on the button and try to abort the application while the message box is shown.

Regards,
    Mark Junker

2. zyxxie

zyxxie Bit poster

Use Ctrl+F14 instead of Ctrl-Break

But this only works with an external keyboard (like the old, white and wireless keyboard i'm using), but not with the small new one or with the macbook keyboard.

Greetings, zyxxie

-------------------
    MacBook CD with 2GHz and 2GB RAM, wireless keyboard+mouse (all white)
    MacMini CD with 1.83GHZ and also 2GB RAM, wireless keyboard (silver)+mouse

3. mjs

mjs Member

This is a work-around I can live with. But using Ctrl+Break from the Parallels VM menu should work too ...

Regards,
    Mark

4. paregorios

paregorios Bit poster

5. Beiteltjie

Beiteltjie Bit poster

This happens in vba running with Excel too. Very annoying.

6. NealO

NealO Bit poster

Osk

This is a pain with VBA... roll on Office 2011 I guess, when we should have it in native mac Excel at least :)

Never come across OSK. Yes it works thanx but I agree with others, not the ideal answer.

7. zzt

zzt Bit poster

You might want to try the freeware .
    Enable to program easily any keystrokes compilations and even complicated programing (like if , for... opening programs ex...)

for CTRL + BREAK:

after installing - open the script file (my documents\ AutoHotKey.ahk) and just put the following :

^c::Send {CtrlBreak}

It will tell your windows to do CTRL + BREAK when you push on CTRL + c

Yaniv