Commercial-style support contracts?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Jay Levitt, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Jay Levitt

Jay Levitt Member

As we all know, Parallels is well-intentioned but growing much faster than they can actually handle; that's been the case since the beginning and will probably continue for some time.

That means that support e-mails often don't get answered in a timely fashion, if at all. And I haven't seen much luck reported with the $30/incident phone support, either. I have been there and I understand, and I'm sure they're doing what they can to correct it, but it makes me wish for a better way.

Does anyone - either Parallels or a third party - offer commercial-quality support contracts? I'm about to start depending on Parallels for my business(es). Although I'm a developer and *could* spend lots of time troubleshooting, debugging, etc., it's worth it to pay someone to do that for me, as long as the quality's there. (Think Cisco, not Symantec. I'm talking "log into my box remotely, reproduce the problem yourself and fix it for me".)

Any thoughts?

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Check your PM.

3. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Jay,

Commercial-grade support contracts are not available yet, but it is something we are working on.
    Current available support channels (paid phone support, free email and forum) although a bit overloaded, generally make up with customer requests. We are monitoring the situation and taking the necessary steps to improve it. Support is growing with the rest of the company and we definitely are not going to stop improving it at this stage.
    Please PM me on the details of your business and Parallels deployment plans you have so I could link you with the appropriate special support channel for it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008