drag & drop??

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by tmanwell@yahoo.com, Jan 15, 2008.

1. tmanwell@yahoo.com

tmanwell@yahoo.com Junior Member

The thread was moved from "Website and Forum Discussions" by Xenos

Greetings all:

I'm running parallels 3.0 build 5160 (and 5582....I've tried them both) in order to boot into Win xp. I'm on a macbook running mac os 10.4.11.

I'm not exactly sure where along the line it happened, but somewhere in the life of parallels on my mac, I've lost the ability to drag & drop files between my mac os desktop & my win xp desktop. Now, hold on cuz it gets even more specific....
    I **can** drag drop one-way.......FROM win xp---> mac desktop.

BUT

When I try going the other direction, when I try dragging something from my mac os desktop to the win xp desktop, it won't work. I'm SURE that at some point in past versions of Parallels this was a 2-way function.
    Am I missing something? Is there a fix or work around?

Thanks!

Tim Manwell
    tmanwell@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2008
  2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

Try to reinstall parallels tools.

Build 5582 works better then 5160

3. whuff

whuff Member

Reinstallation of Tools corrected it for me

Dragging from Mac to Windows XP desktop also stopped working for me. I reinstalled Tools and it now works.

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello all,

Tmanwell@yahoo.com, Copy-paste from Mac to Windows is a known issue caused by one of last Apple Security Updates. We have already fixed it in-house and the build with the fix is going to be released soon, just when QA testing finishes.

Best regards,
    Xenos

5. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello,

The build 5584 providing hotfixes for Drag&Drop and Copy/Paste issues is available for download.

You can download the update manually here and update your existing Parallels Desktop version (keep in mind that clean re-install is recommended to avoid any possible issues with updating).

English version of the update is already available, localized versions will be delivered shortly.

Best regards,
    Xenos