Activation Not Working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Showngo, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Showngo

Showngo Junior Member

Went to upgrade my copy (5580) and it told me to register. I did that. The website said that activation key had been registered by me already. I went back to Parallels to re enter the key and was told that it does not appear to be valid.

Any ideas, I would like to upgrade to get better compatibility with Leopard!

2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

check your PM please.

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. andwi

andwi Junior Member

I have the same problem. Coherence stopped working and before checking here I wanted to get the latest version to see if it was fixed.

Andreas

4. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

andwi,
    please check your PM.

Best regards,
    Stacey

5. Laser_jock

Laser_jock Member

gonna show my ignorance..... what's 'PM' stand for? (as a colleague is having the same problem.)

TIA

6. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

PM is a Private Message.

Best regards,
    Stacye

7. Longshot

Longshot Bit poster

I also have this problem - went to upgrade from 5582 and it asked me to register (why all of a sudden do you HAVE to register to get an upgrade, even though I've had this activated copy for close to 2 years now?), so I registered..... and the activation number was accepted successfully, but it still won't let me upgrade. Thoughts?

8. Longshot

Longshot Bit poster

Never mind - accidentally put in my old activation number for 2.2 instead of the 3.0 one.

9. sw25481

sw25481 Bit poster

I seem to be suffering the same problem. I have a fully licensed 3.0 that I bought as an upgrade from the Parallels store. It has been working fine including updates for some time. I have just gone to update to the latest build ready for a MacOSX 10.5 upgrade and it is asking me to activate the product online again. Difference is, I can't find the mail with my License anywhere.

Any tips greatly recieved.

10. DHKA

DHKA Bit poster

Same problem with activation

How do I obtain my version 3.0 activation key which was emailed to me in July 2007.

11. CarolynT

CarolynT Bit poster

Related Activation Problem

I am having an Activation problem is a slightly different nature...

I have a clean, fresh copy of Windows Vista and on the "Windows Express Installation" screen, where I am to input the Product Key, the fields simply do not match so I get the following message:

"The specified Windows Product Key is incomplete. You should specify a Windows Product Key exactly as it appears in your Windows Product distributive box."

Whom should I go to with this? It IS a correct Key and, yes, it does not match the fields!

12. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

sw25481,
    please use this article to find out your key. Then register on our website using your key.

DHKA,
    please check your PM.

CarolynT,
    please provide me with a screenshot of the window you are writing about.

Best regards,
    Stacey

13. CarolynT

CarolynT Bit poster

Thanks, Stacey - I actually got beyond that screen. I am now stuck on a screen which is telling me "To use the product key you entered, start the installation from your existing version of Windows."

It is a BRAND NEW DISK and I have no pre-existing version... any thoughts?

14. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

CarolynT,
    please tell me what disk do you have. A full retail? Or is it an upgrade disk?

Best regards,
    Stacey

15. CarolynT

CarolynT Bit poster

Bugger - I guess I just spent several hundred dollars on an Upgrade disk. Does me no good, does it?

16. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

CarolynT,
    is there any inscriptions on the disk about it being upgrade? If so, you could contact your vendor about this issue.

Best regards,
    Stacey

17. CarolynT

CarolynT Bit poster

Yes - it is an Upgrades disk. I'm having a bad day...

Thanks for your help. I'll keep working on it!

18. keithhulse

keithhulse Bit poster

Hi, I have been having the same problems - followed the instructions for getting my activation and license details but all that is returned is the license, name and organisation. NO KEY. Any ideas?

Many thanks,
    Keith Hulse

19. DHKA

DHKA Bit poster

Thankyou
    Thankyou
    Marvelous

20. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

keithhulse,

Isn't the license key your key?