Frustatingly Funny! Unable to login to send to send a support request.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mavakil, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mavakil

mavakil Member

I really so do love Parallels, and I wish I could've travelled all the way to Macworld to personally tell them that.

However recently small things that have been going wrong have been highly frustating.

1. The copy/paste issue is still not resolved.

2. Now when I launch Parallels I receive an alert that an upgrade is available and I should register to upgrade my product.
    Funny because I thought I did register, coz I always do. So I click on Register and it takes me to the login page.
    - I login and the site tells me my password is wrong, please click to send the password to my email. Again I was sure I entered the password correctly, but I click on the "I forgot my password link".
    - I do that and guess what. It's the same password that I had entered earlier.
    - Anyway, so I go into log an email support request, that I can't login (inspite of having a correct password), to register my parallels, to upgrade my Parallels. And then GUESS WHAT?
    - When I click to send a support email, I need to login to do that! Jeez. Jeez. JEEZ!

Gosh, I don't know if anybody's followed that but hope that now inspite of having the correct password:
    - I can't login to send a support request,
    - Why do I want support, to be able to log-in
    - Why? So that I can register my product, which was registered?
    - Why? So I can get the latest update.

Parallels moderators I do hope you're reading this, please please help me out here. My only other hope is to call you guys in the middle of the night (I'm based in Bangalore, India) to be able to get you on the phone during your working hours.

Cheerio,
    Arif

2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

please tell me via PM the e-mail address you have used to register on our website. Is it the same as you have used when you registered on the Forum?

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. mavakil

mavakil Member

Hi Stacey,

Thanks so much for the super-prompt response. I've Pm-ed you my email addy.

Warm wishes,
    Arif

4. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

I have sent you the confirmation email. Did you receive it?

Best regards,
    Stacey

5. mavakil

mavakil Member

Stacey, I received it immediately, and I've successfully downloaded the update too. Thank you very much!

Arif

6. esteussy

esteussy Bit poster

Same Problem

I have exactly the same problem. In fact, it was so bad I purchased another copy of the program since I couldn't log onto the Parallels system. Can someone help me register my copy?

I'm not in India, but I am in Budapest.

7. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Please call to online sales and describe situation