Sound goes out sometimes

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ppayne, May 21, 2006.

1. ppayne

ppayne Member

In RC1 and 2-3 versions previously, I sometimes find that sound goes bye-bye in Windows 2000. I am testing a game and when it happens, the only fix it to reboot the VM. It just works fine, then suddenly sound becomes silent. If I find any thing that looks like a reason, I'll post it, but so far I'm stumped.

Just a FYI.

2. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

Ive noticed a variation on this

I place an online game called Runescape, it is java and havent been able to get it to run in Safari or FireFox on the map, but it runs in the XP VM, but what happens is the game is going and sound is working and then i get a ding from lets say iChat or mail in Mac Side and i loose sound in the game, i have to restart the game (basically a browser client) and sound it back.

So it seems there is something going on with sound on vm side, maybe there can be someway to make the VM side still think it has sound. this has happened on beta 3, 6 and RC1

3. frsnee7

frsnee7 Junior Member

Windows 2000: sound actually works for me now

RC is the first version of Parallels, where I don't have to disable sound in the VM Property Page. In previous versions, if any sound played in the VM, there would come a moment where the VM would freeze, and I would need to "Power Off" the VM.

Now, in RC, sound seems to work, and really smoothly. I've been watching Youtube stuff (just for fun), WMV files and so on, trying to cause a crash. But none so far.

I do have new network issues (VM and host machine competing for a single IP address), which others have discussed in other threads, which are due to be fixed in RC2.

MBP2GHz/2GB/7200 Windows 2000.