Broken Games - Speak up here if you want to see a particular game working.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by krayola, Jun 10, 2007.

1. jd300

jd300 Junior Member

sims now works great thanks very much

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello all,

Thank you for the feedback!

Musk, we are working to improve 3D support and IMVU will hopefully be included in the list of supported applications in the next build (it is not there currently).

Best regards,
    Xenos

3. musk

musk Junior Member

Great news. Thanks!

4. geychaner

geychaner Junior Member

Starfleet Command

How about the original Starfleet Command? It will only run in multiplayer, not in skirmish or campaign, due to something about the CD copy protection.

[Never mind; I found a NoCD crack for it, and now it works great under Parallels and XP.]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  5. qom

qom Junior Member

As stated in a topic I made, World of Warcraft is "broken" in builds efter 5160.

6. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello,

Qom, we did not include World of Warcraft in Parallels compatibility list as there is a native version of the game for Mac OS.

Best regards,
    Xenos

7. qom

qom Junior Member

Shame :(
    Would it be alot of extra work to implent?
    Since it works in 5160, why won't keep supporting it?

8. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Dear Qom,

We are sorry for disappointing your expectations. However we do have a reason (mentioned above) not to concentrate on World of Warcraft primarily.

With every build of Parallels Desktop a lot of things get changed. So it is possible that a game working before is not supported any more - if the game has not been included in our priority list.

Why don't you run World of Warcraft on your Mac OS?

Best regards,
    Xenos

9. 667eoh

667eoh Junior Member

Medieval Total War

Hi,

I also vote for Medieval Total War. It launches well, but the "battle"-mode gives serious rendering problems (violet screen, sometimes you can see a box flickering).

(Oh, I forgot, I use the lastest Parallels Version - 5582, DX Enabled)

10. qom

qom Junior Member

Hi again,

It's because I use addons that require .NET Frameworks 2.0 to work.
    I haven't been able to get it working using Mono in OSX.

11. zebradreams07

zebradreams07 Bit poster

Another vote for NWN2. Tried to install several times; each time I was told that a required file was missing - different file each time. Also, NWN1 worked for a short time and then started crashing - don't remember the circumstances, and I lost the install discs while moving so have been unable to replicate. Would prefer to run in OS X but was unable to find a Mac copy.

12. thowie

thowie Bit poster

I'd like to see support for Sierra "Free Style Street Basketball". My son plays this ALL the time and I ensured him that it would work when we got the Mac instead of a new PC. Yikes. He's not happy with me right now. It is very, very slow and is unplayable.

Thanks

13. rmaldo

rmaldo Bit poster

The versions of Diablo 2 that I've seen for sale in the last few months have installs for both Mac and Windows. You may want to check yours. Maybe you could install the Mac version. I have some old games bought before I got a Mac which turned out to have a Mac version included as well (Scrabble, Starcraft Broodwars).

14. Philipp_r

Philipp_r Bit poster

another vote for civ IV and all its addons by me

15. agathezol

agathezol Bit poster

Oblivion

Just picked up parallels today. I love it, but it doesn't play Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion. Starts out complaining about securom and the once installed it wont' launch.

16. agathezol

agathezol Bit poster

I just thought I'd mention that this seems to be directly related to the 64meg limit on video memory paralells allows Windows to see.

17. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello all,

Thank you for your reports - we keep eye on the discussion.

Agathezol, Oblivion requires DirectX 8.1 support and we are providing DirectX 8.0 support. Sorry for this current limitation of 3D graphics implementation.

Best regards,
    Xenos

18. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead Bit poster

Unity Engine games

I'd like to see games created in Unity (www.unity3d.com) work better, they run but have a ton of rendering problems. Obviously there are probably Mac versions of many of these games. I specifically want it to test Windows builds as a developer.

Jeff

19. stef

stef Bit poster

Hitman: Blood Money

I know it's DirectX 9 but I'd love to see this game running. Strange that Parallels 3 doesn't support DX9 while one of the sales arguments is "Run selected PC-only 3D games and graphics applications on your Mac". Of course the fun is in the "selected".

20. MACrispy

MACrispy Bit poster

Call of Duty: United Offensive

CoD:UO multiplayer works fairly well under the latest build of Parallels 3, but with one gotcha. Here are my observations. In both cases Parallels is running Windows XP full screen at 1600x1200 on a Mac Pro.

Full screen mode at 1600x1200
    - Average frame rate: 80 fps.
    - Very smooth; no chop or lag.
    - Video is very, very dark making it almost impossible to play the game.
    - Game engine brightness control has no effect.

Windowed Mode at 1280x1024
    - Average frame rate: 65 fps.
    - Mild chop.
    - Video has full brightness and intensity.

From what I have seen, I would find the performance of the multiplayer version of Call of Duty: United Offensive under parallels perfectly acceptable if I could actually see what was on the screen. Solve the dark video problem, and you can add CoD:UO to the list of games that work flawlessly.