Has Parallels responded regarding new USB failures?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by netdog, May 22, 2006.

1. netdog

netdog Hunter

It seems as if a number of people are finding that USB devices that ran under Beta 6 no longer work under RC1. Has Parallels had any response yet to this? I am sure that a number of us would like to hear why this has happened, and if there is a plan to correct it. If this is a fairly widespread phenomenon, it would seem to be something that needs to be addressed ASAP, as was the Beta that was causing network failures in a previous build. Hoping we hear something soon!

2. netdog

netdog Hunter

Why are we getting no response about these USB issues? We can understand if there was an unexpected problem once you shipped RC1, but I fail to understand why nobody from Parallels is responding. :(

3. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

I agree. We see the Parallel's staff responding to threads on full-screen issues, keyboard issues and networking problems but they seem strangely quiet on nearly all the USB threads.

4. netdog

netdog Hunter

I can only hope that they are working for a slipstream release as with the beta that seemed to break most people's networking setup. Their second release of that beta did fix the problem. They were, however, responsive in acknowledging that problem quickly. It is now 7pm in Virginia, and to the best of my knowledge, Parallels has not even acknowledged this problem...a very significant one to many users.

5. jamesh9339

jamesh9339 Bit poster

On that note...

Is anyone at Parallels even looking at this board anymore? I havent seen any "official" reponses in a number of days. Considering how attentive they were in the past, it seems odd to me that now there are zero responses at all.

6. constant

constant Forum Maven

Some facts:

Andrew@Parallels posted 1 working day ago. A short time by any measure.

The USB issue has already been acknowledged.

If they don't take the time to repeatedly respond here, that equals more time to fix the USB issue.

7. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

Yes but they definitely haven't answered questions about whether USB 2.0 will ever be supported. In comparison to other issues they do seem very vague about USB in general.

8. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

I should add I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing... just stating what I've noticed after spending a considerable amount of time in this forum.

9. constant

constant Forum Maven

It seems to be one of those most tantalising of problems. You think you've got something, but it turns out you haven't. And again you think you've got something, but it turns out you haven't. And yet again you think.........but it turns out you haven't. In the end you don't know what to say about it.

And I'm sure USB 2.0 is the ultimate goal.

10. davert

davert Member

Agreed! I have found USB and shared folders to be getting better but still sporadic.

11. netdog

netdog Hunter

The sad thing is that many here are reporting that they DID have functionality with Beta 6, but that with RC1, they have lost it.