Safe mode in XP lets me in, but that's it

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by zride17, May 22, 2006.

1. zride17

zride17 Bit poster

For all I know, this may be a Windows question. My virtual machine seems to run well, but I can only get access to XP in Safe Mode. Even when I try to use "The most recent settings that worked", the blue progress bar just freezes after a few seconds. Any guesses as to what could be wrong or how it could be fixed. I guess I could just use Safe Mode all the time, but it would be nice to know why the other mode doesn't want to work properly. Thanks!

Zac

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

From my experiences, the most likely point of success will be to re-install Windwoes.

3. zride17

zride17 Bit poster

Ugh. I thought about that. But since I can run it is safe mode, shouldn't there be something that can be undone to make the normal mode run like the safe mode? Thanks for the reply though. I just don't want to reinstall it just yet. But, I may have to.

4. constant

constant Forum Maven

It's times like these that somebody may be able to alleviate a woe for all, but Microsoft don't like that sort of help.

The sort of help your credit card can provide, that's fine by Micro$oft, but when it comes to the goodness of your heart, that's unacceptable.

5. Baltazar

Baltazar Junior Member

Has it ever run in normal mode in the virtual machine? And what version of XP are you running?