How to activate the Mac's numeric keypad?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by nealperkins, Feb 3, 2008.

1. nealperkins

nealperkins Bit poster

Hopefully, there's an easy switch, or setting I missed. Just for clarity's sake, this is the full size keyboard with separate numeric keypad.
    Thanks

2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

please try to push the button that is right above the '7' button on the numeric keypad.
    Will it help?

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. nealperkins

nealperkins Bit poster

Works like a charm! Thank you very much!

Stacey (since you're batting a 1000), would you know a tip for installing a Brother Network printer? This printer is working in the Mac and another Windows Laptop. I've read all the help pages I can find and tried various installs. In Parallels, the printer just cannot be found. Just this AM I thought about maybe trying to reinstall the printer as a USB/Parallel printer in Parallels, but that seems a bit wasteful. BTW, this would be the Brother 7820N.

Thanks again for the first tip!!

Best,
    Neal Perkins

4. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Neal,
    please tell me if this printer connected directly to your Mac.

Best regards,
    Stacey

5. nealperkins

nealperkins Bit poster

Stacey,
    It is connected through the network, the ethernet connection. I've tried a couple different things. I have 'installed' the printer from within Parallels as well, but still can't see the printer.
    Thanks

6. gegervision

gegervision Hunter

What IP address is bound to the printer?

7. nealperkins

nealperkins Bit poster

And, maybe that's not correct?? (Could be 104??) If that's the issue, would you know a quick way to reassign the address?

Thanks!

8. gegervision

gegervision Hunter

What is the IP range, subnet and gateway of your network? What type of printer do you have? If the IP address assigned to your printer is wrong then you'll need to get with the manufacturer to assist you with this issue.

9. nealperkins

nealperkins Bit poster

The printer information is contained in the thread.
    The address range is 101 to 104
    The gateway and subnet are not required in the install script.
    Thanks

10. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

did you try to use this article as a basis?

Best regards,
    Stacey

11. nealperkins

nealperkins Bit poster

Stacey,
    Yes, I found that article and worked though the items. Note that I can print from the Mac on the network and I can access the internet from Parallels. However, I did not try to independently install CUPS as indicated in the Linux section.
    Thanks

12. harryl

harryl Bit poster

Numeric Keypad

Thanks for the tip on the numeric keypad. This was very frustrating and perhaps Parallels should include this solution in its manual or help index. Pushing the "clear" button did the trick. Thanks.

13. closethipster

closethipster Junior Member

Oh man, that's a great tip. On the new Apple aluminum keyboard it's the "clear" button. Been bugging me for ages. Thank you Stacey.