Is Build 5584 in beta or is it ready?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by rdean, Feb 11, 2008.

1. rdean

rdean Member

I keep reading about Build 5584 which is suppose to fix the drag and drop issues, among other things that was broken by one of the Mac Updates to 10.4. I even have a link to download it, which was posted a while ago. But if it is production ready, how come I can not just click on the Help->Check for Updates in Parallels to get it. Why do I need to download it directly. Plus there seems to be more hoops to jump through with this build.

Does anyone know? Is this still in beta or something and that is why my build 5582 is showing up as the latest build when I check for Parallels' Updates? If that is the case, then I definitely don't mind waiting because I have been dealing with the drag-an-drop issues for a while and I don't have the time or the patience to pull in a new build that is going to make my life complicated. Wow, that last sentence came off with a negative tone. How about I re-word that. I will gladly wait for build 5584 to complete Q&A and come through the normal update process and improve my productivity if it is eventually coming. Otherwise let me know, and I will download it directly and pray.

Thanks!

2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

build 5584 is available. But to use 'Help' -> 'Check for updates' you should register your key on our web-site. Did you do that?

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. rdean

rdean Member

I found the link to register from another post you made. I register my key, and still nothing. I even closed parallels and restarted. I will e-mail you my information maybe you can check it on your end.

4. rdean

rdean Member

Has anyone out there been able to the pull the 5584 build from the "Help -> Check for Updates" feature in Parallels? I really want to get this working so that I can receive future update to the software with out have to search the forum every few months to see if something new has come out. That is a real pain.

5. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

sorry for inconvenience.
    We are working on resolving this issue.

Best regards,
    Stacey

6. majpix

majpix Bit poster

Same issue with me

I too have the same issues.
    Hope it is resolved soon.

7. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

majpix,
    do you have US/UK version or a localized one?

Best regards,
    Stacey

8. majpix

majpix Bit poster

Not sure Stacey what you mean

This is what appears on the About Screen:

License Status:
    This is an active copy of Parallels Desktop

User Name:
    Michael A. Jonas
    Company Name:
    Michael A. Jonas Photography
    Product ID:
    00009-3221232690-030004
    Validity period:
    Not limited
    Primary OS(es):
    Mac OS X
    Virtual Machine Features:
    Virtualization Mode:
    Intel VT-x

I do have issues with some Windows Programs, specifically dragging and dropping photographic images for "Drive X" to the active program. There is a delay and some information does not show up within the third party program, such as "names of files."

The file names only show up within "My Computer" on drive "C"
    This used to work in Parallels 2, but no longer does in 3.xx

I downloaded the latest build manually.,

9. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Did you install the latest build 5584?
    Did you re-install Parallels Tools after that?

Best regards,
    Stacey

10. majpix

majpix Bit poster

Build 5584

Stacey,
    I indicated 5584 in the previous post: it's listed on the ABOUT info.
    I downloaded it, uninstalled Parallels, reinstalled 5584, restarted the computer.,

11. majpix

majpix Bit poster

Sorry, the build wasn't listed. yes 5584 and yes reinstalled Parallels Tools
    Michael