compatibility w/ latest OSX update (10.5.2)?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Herve S., Feb 12, 2008.

1. Herve S.

Herve S. Member

Can someone tell us if apple's new 10.5.2 OSX update is OK with the current version of Parallels destop?

TIA!

Hervé Sainct

2. jey2283

jey2283 Bit poster

since the update, shared networking isn't working for me

3. mwickens

mwickens Junior Member

And it's spontaneously quitting occasionally for me. :-(

4. robhedin

robhedin Bit poster

working fine for me...

updated last night to 10.5.2, and this morning to the Leopard graphics update and iLife update... Parallels 3 (build 5584) has been trudging away happily ever after (since about 7:00am EST).

While the VM has been up and doing development using Visual Studio 2005 in Windows XP pro, my Macbook Pro has been churning through ripping 3 DVDs using Handbrake and watching a movie (Superman Returns) via Quicktime.

So far, I've had zero problems.

rob.

5. berdinkerdickle

berdinkerdickle Junior Member

6. mwickens

mwickens Junior Member

Turns out the quitting issue I was having was not isolated to Parallels. Other apps were having the same problem. After a reboot everything's OK. I did have to reinstall Tools to get coherence working again.

7. GreatDrok

GreatDrok Bit poster

Yep, me too. 10.5.2 + graphics update on 1st gen MBP CD 2Ghz with 2GB of RAM. Runs for a little while and then spontaneously crashes with build 5584. Trying a repair permissions to see if that has any impact.

8. gegervision

gegervision Hunter

I'm using both with heavily with no issues.

9. GreatDrok

GreatDrok Bit poster

Looks like repair permissions has fixed it. I haven't had a crash since and it has been running for about an hour now. Previously it would crash within 5 mins.