Rhapsody Music Software Issue

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by tbear, Dec 31, 2007.

1. tbear

tbear Bit poster

Has anyone had success installing the Rhapsody music software? My installation fails at the point when Rhapsody is loading DRM information. I can't find any web sites in which Rhapsody and Parallels issues are discussed. Have you seen any?

2. drgooply

drgooply Bit poster

Rhapsody Issues

I too am having issues with Rhapsody. I am able to install the software, but not to authorize the computer to burn CD's. Did you ever find any help?

3. sirris101

sirris101 Member

I am running Rhapsody successfully in Parallels. Try installing Windows Media Player 11 first. Let me know how that goes.

4. drgooply

drgooply Bit poster

No, I'm afraid that hasn't worked. I can play Rhapsody, but I can't authorize my computer, in order to burn discs. Also, Windows Media Player hasn't found the tracks I bought yesterday on Rhapsody to burn. Any other thoughts? Thanks for your help.

5. sirris101

sirris101 Member

Sorry you're having trouble. I actually work for Rhapsody, but am not the best person to be giving support; especially while running via Parallels. I run it on my home computer (a Mac Pro) and was able to authorize just fine. I haven't tried burning any CDs.

You might also try the Rhapsody community:
    http://real.lithium.com/real/board?board.id=InstallingRhapsody

What error are you receiving?

6. drgooply

drgooply Bit poster

At the bottom of the screen, a task bar has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point; in the task bar it says 9 errors, and clicking on anything gives a boink sound. Then, an error message saying, 'Your Computer is not authorized. To Authorize, select Authorize Computer from the Rhapsody My Account Menu." I click OK, (many times) and finally eventually am able to click on Rhapsody My Account, I click Authorize Computer, and get a message in the task bar saying, "Unable to Authorize computer" and then "11 errors." And that boink sound while it does it's thing, taking minutes to do it.

7. tbear

tbear Bit poster

I never did find help for my original problem anywhere on line. I did eventually get the Rhapsody software loaded and it has worked great. I'm trying to get the word out that Rhapsody does work with Parallels -- the official Rhapsody site says it won't work and that almost stopped my from buying a Mac.

On your problem: I think I ran into this when I ran Rhapsody on Windows. It's not a Parallels issue. As I recall, there is some issue with your Windows DRM (Digital Rights Management) folder. Click on the yellow triangle and it will tell you. There is a fix described on the Rhapsody support site -- it involves going out to a Microsoft help site and resetting your DRM. The fix didn't initially work for me. I had to get a technical guy I know involved. Maybe it will work for you. Good luck.

8. drgooply

drgooply Bit poster

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid that's not it. It's all about Authorizing the computer. Clicking on the yellow triangle shows that all the error messages involve failure to authorize the computer - one for each track. However, I will, once I muster my courage, go to Microsoft Support site (knowing it will be enormously confusing, frustrating and enraging) to reset the DRM. But the yellow triangle says it's a failure to authorize the computer.
    When you say Rhapsody "works great" - do you mean just for playing and organizing playlists, or have you tried to burn CD's or transfer to a portable device?
    Thanks

9. tbear

tbear Bit poster

I think it might be the right issue. Your computer is not authorized to play certain songs -- those you have purchased through Rhapsody -- and therefore you cannot burn them. Give it a try. Look for the fix on the Rhapsody customer service site, not on Microsoft. I'll try to post a link to solution here. The last option in the solution is to fix your DRM, but that's the issue I had.

Yes, it works great on all fronts. I've burned CDs and my son has the Rhapsody Sansa MP3 and he syncs it up all the time.

http://reclisten.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/reclisten.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=6204&p_created=&p_sid=YJ9X1yYi&p_lva=1160007036&p_sp=&p_li=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NjImcF9wcm9kcz0zLDExJnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0xLjM7Mi51MCZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9ZHJt&p_prod_lvl1=3&p_prod_lvl2=11&tabName=4&p_topview=1