The activation key cannot be used with the current version of the Parallels Desktop!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mgrice, Feb 6, 2008.

1. mgrice

mgrice Bit poster

Upgraded the iMac to Leopard, Parallels stopped working. Locked up.

Downloaded Build 5584 (en), which is supposed to correct this, and now Parallels won't even launch the Virtual Machine. I get an "The activation key cannot be used with the current version of the Parallels Desktop!" error message.

The software has been registered on the parallels.com website.

I have no idea what to do now.

2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

are you sure that you have Parallels Desktop 3.0 key. If so, please send me your key via PM.

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. nperriault

nperriault Bit poster

Same here

I got the same problem. Bought a 3.0 licence 3 months ago and 5584/en won't accept my activation key (I didn't find any fr version, does it exist somewhere?)

I send you my key by PM too, please check out the pb as I cannot work for now with Leopard 10.2 and old version of Parallels.

4. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

nperriault,
    check your PM please.

Best regards,
    Stacey

5. tobi

tobi Bit poster

Same problem here, I send you my key by PM too, please check out. Thanks, Tobi

6. twiedi

twiedi Bit poster

Same problem

I sent you my activation code by PM. I hope you can help me reactivating Parallels Desktop 3.0.
    twiedi

7. chronos

chronos Bit poster

Different day, same problem

Apple finally shipped my new Mac Pro. It arrived Wednesday of last week--first Mac I've ever owned.

Yesterday, I finally got around to installing Parallels in order to try it out. I didn't get very far. Whether using the version from the installation disk, or the version I downloaded last night, I get the same error when using the activation key ("serial number") that was on the sleeve of the CD-ROM: "The activation key cannot be used with the current version of the Parallels Desktop!"

Please help!

8. MaPomme

MaPomme Bit poster

Different country, same problem

I bought my Parallels 3.0 in Saint-Etienne (France) at February 9, and I have the same problem. I've sent my key by PM to Stacey. I hope that I will be able to update (english or french doesn't matter for me)...

9. mila

mila Bit poster

Facing the problem of unaccepted Activation Key!

I have bought Parallels Desktop 3.0 last year and have it installed on my iMac.
    I have upgraded to Leopard some months ago.

Now I downloaded Build 5584 from your website and do not succeed in making it run:
    After entering the Activation Key from your installation CD, it says:
    "The activation key cannot be used with the current version of the Parallels Desktop!"

What can I do?

Thanks for support!

10. minus

minus Bit poster

same problem

just the same. please help!

thanks for support!

11. josefsj

josefsj Bit poster

I'm having the same issue from a downloaded version tonight. Please let me know if you can help.

12. david@daviddew.com

david@daviddew.com Bit poster

I upgraded to a new Macbook Pro and cannot activate my Parallels version. Was working with the old MBP on build 5584.

I need to get this fixed quickly!

Thanks

13. jchouraqui

jchouraqui Bit poster

Same Problem for me... Sh***t! I wanted to install my copy on a brand new MB Air...

And most of it I don't know where my 3.0 original activation is.

Can I send you everything via PM?

14. rivronda

rivronda Bit poster

I have the same problem. A month later, what is the solution ?

15. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Please submit ticket to support queue or call to online sales.