This is now becoming a nightmare! Leopard and 5584

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by zlbdad, Feb 12, 2008.

1. zlbdad

zlbdad Junior Member

OK, here are the details: Leopard and 5584

So many people having the same problem with this product and without any REAL response from the developer. What is going on???

I know many people are having these same problems. I am running 10.5.2 and tried to update to 5584. the software install seems to be OK until I try to install the parallel tools which freezes XP. Even if I uninstall and reinstall the same thing happens over and over. I am stuck right now and can't run my windows apps. This is becoming a major nightmare for me as I am under several deadlines using the machine. can anyone tell me when this might be resolved?

HHEEEEEELP!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  2. zlbdad

zlbdad Junior Member

Ok, I see the wisdom in the details so....

1. Mac OS Version - 10.5.2
    2. Parallels Build # 5584
    3. What kind of computer macBook Pro 2.16 core 2 duo
    4. Total Physical RAM 3GB
    5. Hard Drives 119 GB drive
    6. If you are using a BootCamp configuration or not NO
    7. Did you upgrade from a BETA No
    8. With what Build did the problem start 5584
    9. If Parallels Tools are installed
    The program hangs everytime the Parallels tools install begins

10. Anything you have tried to get things working
    Uninstalled, restarted, fixed permissions, fixed permissions, restarted, reinstalled

11. Anything specific about your set-up you think we should know
    Win XP sp2

12. If you are crashing, upload some crash logs

no crash log available. I do have to force quit to end the program

13. If you are getting an error message type it in and then attach a screenshot.
    XP just freezes as Parallels tools install begins. no messages.

14. If you are having issues with a specific component (i.e. mouse, keyboard, monitor) tell us what it is.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

3. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

please tell me at what stage of Parallels Tools Installation does Windows XP freeze?

Best regards,
    Stacey

4. zlbdad

zlbdad Junior Member

I finally resolved this. Whenever I launched XP under parallels the Prallels Tools install would begin within 30 seconds or so automatically. That's when the freeze would occur. What finally resolved the problem is that XP self-booted into safe mode and then I was able to install Tools successfully. Now all appears to be working properly.