Getting Build 5584 through Parallel Update?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by rdean, Feb 12, 2008.

1. rdean

rdean Member

Has anyone out there been able to successfully get the latest build, build 5584, by clicking on the Help -> Check for Updates feature in Parallels?

I have a Mac Book Pro, running 10.4.2, and Parallels 3.0, which I bought on-line as an upgrade to the store copy of 2.0 that I bought. I was told to register my key on-line, which I did, and this would allow me to get the update. But that did not work, it still says I have the latest copy (5582) and that there are no updates.

I know I can go to the link that has been posted in this forum a few times and download it directly, but I would like to get this "Check for Update" feature working like it has always worked in the past so that I don't have to search this forum the next time a new release come out.

I was just curious if anyone out there was able to upgrade from build 5582 to build 5584 using the build in "Check for Update" feature or has everyone just downloaded from the links post on this forum?

2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

rdean,
    as I have already written you before, we have some technical problems on our website.
    Sorry for inconvenience one more time.

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. rdean

rdean Member

Thanks for the condescending response!

I created this thread before you responded to my other one, stating that this was a technical issue on the web site.

I was still under the impression that I might be doing something wrong and I was just double checking to see if anyone else had any better luck then me, when I posted this.

Is there any projected date on when this might be fixed? Or do you advise updating from build 5582 to 5584 manually this go around.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008