ActiveSync

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by corwinlw, May 19, 2006.

1. corwinlw

corwinlw Bit poster

I would gladly buy Parallels today if I could get ActiveSync to work correctly.

I have several devices- an Asus A636, a Dell X51, and an HTC Galaxy- all windows None of these devices will connect in RNDIS mode. If I set the USB on the device to be serial as opposed to RNDIS, I can connect both the Galaxy and the A636.

The problem is that it seems to disconnect after about 2-3 minutes, and then I can't reconnect to the device without rebooting.

I love Parallels and I evangelize it to everyone I know. If it had fully functional ActiveSync, I know several people who would buy it.

Thanks so much for your help, and keep up the good work.

2. corwinlw

corwinlw Bit poster

I meant to say that these are all Windows Mobile 5.0 devices. Oops.

3. mqandil

mqandil Member

Imate Jamin does not work

I have I-mate Jamin smart phone (mobile 5) and I am getting the same results as others. I can use active Sync or have the virtual machine recognize my device. This is too important for many of us.

4. Vajrakilaya

Vajrakilaya Bit poster

ActiveSync 3.8 works with my WM2003SE smartphone

I'm using ActiveSync 3.8 with my Audiovox SMT5600 windows mobile 2003 second edition smartphone, and it works perfectly.

Have you tried clicking the USB icon at the lower right of the window to disconnect your device (virtually) from the VM, then click it again to reconnect it? (The virtual equivalent of unplugging and replugging your device from USB)

Now if they could just figure out how to get my Wacom tablet to connect as a Wacom tablet, and not just a mouse, I'd whip out my charge card and pre-order.

5. tech_head

tech_head Member

HI,

I don't have any issues with my Treo 700 in serial mode.

6. corwinlw

corwinlw Bit poster

!!!!!!

You're my hero. This works great. Whenever it disconnects I can just reconnect it now, and it even stayed connected for like 30 minutes today. This is great. I'm gonna go buy a license now. :)

7. gadgeTT

gadgeTT Bit poster

Also unsuccessful

Hi,

I'm running Parallels Desktop for Mac with Win XP installed. I have a Cingular 2125 (HTC Faraday) and have installed ActiveSync 4.1 and Office XP 2003. Everything is installed and running fine. When I connect my phone via USB, nothing happens. XP (within Parallels) doesn't register as anything having been plugged in. Trying to connect within ActiveSync also shows nothing as connected.

Is this an RC issue or is there something I should do? I've read the other forum entries and nothing applies to my WM5 SmartPhone or my software installation.

Thanks!

8. msolsona

msolsona Junior Member

I had the same experience with a new MacBook with RC2 and XP SP2. I am using the Verizon XV6700 in Serial mode. I could not get Activesync to see the phone in USB mode.

This is also a WM5.0 device, I wonder if there is hope to have Parallels handler this a little bit better. My goal is to use Parallels as my Windows development environment. But right now is not possible with a 5min connection limit.

For me, this software is really almost there! Great Job!
    marc

9. corwinlw

corwinlw Bit poster

For me, the most reliable time comes when I turn off Autoconnect. Then I can plug the device in, "connect" it in Parallels, and it'll work great. Any time it stops working, I "disconnect" it in Parallels and then "reconnect" it- leaving it plugged in the whole time.

I've also found that if I do a "Deploy" in VS2005 onto my device, whatever device it is that I deployed onto will stay connected for as long as I like. It must keep the channel open.

10. msolsona

msolsona Junior Member

In my case if I do not have Autoconnect enabled, the VM is not seeing the device. I go and select the device from the USB list but nothing happens on windows.

11. akac

akac Hunter

I am having no luck getting my Treo to connect to Parallels so I can debug using VS 2005.

12. corwinlw

corwinlw Bit poster

You might try killing wcescomm.exe and restarting it. That sometimes helps.

As for debugging, regardless of whether or not you use Parallels, this is a great tip:

http://blogs.msdn.com/vsdteam/archive/2005/04/28/413304.aspx

Summary: You can debug from VS2005 using Wifi. This does work from under Parallels.

13. msolsona

msolsona Junior Member

This information is extremely helpful. Thanks!!

I thought that was not possible on WM05. I will try it asap. Never though I could have gotten this info from a Mac forum... :D