5584 Download

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by tmp0404, Feb 14, 2008.

1. tmp0404

tmp0404 Bit poster

Greeting,

I'm currently running 5582, and I did a check for updates. 5584 is found, and download with a checksum error. If I try to manually download 5584 using Safari, I get verification failed.

Could someone please point me to a good download link or offer any suggestions to be able to download 5584. BTW, I had the same trouble trying to download 5582, I searched this forum and finally found a link that worked. It's kind of disappointing that the links in announcements for downloading the software do not work, at least for me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as all these download failures take a while and it's frustrating when the download goes to the end, then fails.

Thanks

2. mirco

mirco Bit poster

HI, I have the same problem!

Can you resolve it?

Thanks.

3. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Tmp0404 and Mirco,

Here is the link.
    Please sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
    Xenos

4. tmp0404

tmp0404 Bit poster

Used Firefox to download from the link, still getting invalid checksum, also tried Safari and get verification failed, any other suggestions Xenos?

I should mention that in Firefox, even though I get the checksum error, I still get the install dialog, but I didn't try to execute it. The last time I tried to do the same with 5582, I renders Parallels useless, and a reinstall Parallels message is displayed.

Any help would be appreciated.

5. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello,

Tmp0404, please try to download from another browser. Or download from another computer and use any data storage to move Parallels on your computer.

Best regards,
    Xenos

6. tmp0404

tmp0404 Bit poster

Xenos,

I've already tried both Firefox and Safari on the Macbook, what other browser would you recommend, since those are the only 2 that I have installed.

I'll also try downloading the file from a different computer as you mention, I'm assuming it is OK that I use a Windows PC to try the download, please confirm, and thanks.

7. tmp0404

tmp0404 Bit poster

Xenos,

Did as you suggested, downloaded 5584 from another PC (Windows) and put it on a memory stick. When I put the memory stick in the Macbook and double clicked the file, I still am getting invalid checksum.

Do you have any more suggestions, I've successfully downloaded the previous version, but it did take several tries. I've also downloaded my Mac updates with no problems.

Thanks for any suggestions from either Parallels or anyone else out there.

8. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Tmp0404, the problem is probably caused by temporary troubles with download servers that have not been totally eliminated yet. Please try downloading again.

Best regards,
    Xenos

9. tmp0404

tmp0404 Bit poster

Xenos,

Tried again as you suggested, I keep getting the invalid checksum error. You've got to give me a better answer, just keep trying to get a download after a weeks worth of time, trying to download the file from the link you provided in this thread and trying to download the file via check for updates, it all takes quite a bit of time and is very frustrating.

I really hope you have some better advice to offer. I also find it strange that I'm the only one having this problem, yet I've had no issues downloading Apple update.

You've got the ball.

10. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Tmp0404,

For some reason the .dmg file gets corrupted when you are downloading it. This might be caused by some defects of your network connection. Please try using another computer to download Parallels. Do not use your home network for this.

Best regards,
    Xenos

11. Highway of Life

Highway of Life Bit poster

Unsuccessful

I attempted to download the dmg through the Parallels application, it came back as "Disk image failed to mount".
    So I went directly to the Parallels website, downloaded the file through Speed Download, but the error I received was "Invalid Checksum", the archive was corrupt.
    I just downloaded the file from the link you supplied using Safari and it mounted correctly and seems to be upgrading my Parallels without a problem.

Thanks for the link. -- Was it any different than the link from the normal download location?

12. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

As Xenos said to Tmp0404, it probably has something to do with your network, I have zero issues mounting the .dmgs.

13. Highway of Life

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  14. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello,

Highway of Life, what do you mean by this: "download the dmg through the Parallels application"? Did you try to download Parallels from Guest OS? It is impossible.

Here are the possible reasons for inability to download Parallels:

1. Temporary issues with Parallels server / auto updater. In this case please use a direct link to download the build manually.

2. Some issues with your network. Please use another computer from a different network to download, then transfer the .dmg file on your computer using any data storage.

These two cases comprise all problems of this sort that I know (including the reports from the cited threads).

Best regards,
    Xenos

15. tmp0404

tmp0404 Bit poster

All,

Xenos made the comment about the network, so I brought my Macbook to work, and I was able to download 5584 without a problem. Took the Macbook back home, tried to download the file again, and still had the corrupt file issue.

So, after doing a bunch of searches and reading issues on the Netgear forums, I found out some interesting things.

I am currently using a Netgear WPN824v2 router, and when trying to download 5584, I kept getting corrupt files. Since it was relatively new, I returned it, got another one, and had the same problem. I also had an older Netgear WGR614, so I hooked it up, and bingo, no more download problems. I should also mention that I was having like issues when doing Apple software updates, I was getting corrupt files using the WPN824. I was getting the corrupt file using both a wired and wireless connection. What was most frustrating was that it had worked fine with no problems for the past month or so.

But finally, I found out something that worked, thanks to a very active Netgear community member.

On the WPN824, I disabled SPI in the router settings, and problem fixed. I downloaded 5584 from home with no problems, and I was also able to download several Macbook updates, again with no problems.

Try changing this setting, and I hope it works for you. Thanks Xenos for your suggestion regarding the network.

16. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Tmp0404, thank you very much for this information. I'll add it to our Knowledge Base.

Best regards,
    Xenos

17. Highway of Life

Through the Parallels application [auto] updater. -- Done through "Check for Updates"

For me it seems to have been temporary issues with the Parallels server the day before. As I had tried downloading through the Parallels app, then the direct link through Safari and Speed Download.
    The next day, I tried the direct link again through Safari and it worked fine, so that is odd.
    On this network, I’ve not had any problems with File checksums prior to the 5584 DMG download.

Anyway, just for future reference I’m using a D-Link DI-524 Router.
    And my Parallels is up and running again and the issue of Copy + Paste has been fixed nicely, so that is a relief.

Thanks!
    - Highway