Corrupt XP and Quickbooks

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by krickett, Jan 19, 2008.

1. krickett

krickett Bit poster

Ok guys, i'm hoping you can help shed some light on this issue i keep having.

I'm running the latest version of Parallels Desktop (3.0) with XP SP2. This is the 3rd time i've had windows report that all these .dll files are corrupt and tries to run CHKDSK to fix it, which only makes matters worse.

Here's what happens. At some random time opening quickbooks 2008, (initially began running 2005 so i updated) i will get a message saying "Bad image file" from quickbooks and i'm unable to open quickbooks. At that point, i'll restart and windows will come up with the CHKDISK utility. The first time this happened i let it do its thing and after that i couldn't even startup windows, it was F'ed beyond belief. So the past two times i've stopped windows from running chkdsk. This time, i didn't catch the CHKDSK in time and it ran for a bit and i restarted the virtual machine to make sure it didn't do screw up windows. Now i can't open quickbooks (still) and many other programs won't work and i get all these bubbles saying "___.dll missing or corrupt" and nothing seems to work.

I also can't copy my quicken data off the computer because it says its corrupt. I got quickbooks off but not sure how much of the data is lost.

My solution in the past was to reinstall XP, thinking the problem was solved, but now that this keeps happening i'm getting really fed up. I ONLY use xp and parallels for Quickbooks and Quicken as the mac versions are terrible. Is there something with Parallels corrupting my xp install? What the heck is going on? I'm afraid to run "repair install" as i'll probably lose what little of my data i have left.

Thoughts?

2. macsweet

macsweet Bit poster

I have issues with Quicken 2008, xpsp2, and latest Parallels and Leopard.

Files created originally on my PC crash Quicken 2008 in Parallels.
    If I reinstall Quicken 2008 in Parallels, will work once then crashes again.
    If I go to my PC and look at the files over the network residing on the Mac, Quicken 2008 says files are corrupted.
    If I copy the files from the Mac to the PC, then Quicken 2008 on the PC will run the copy of the Quicken Files that crashed Quicken 2008 running under Parallels.

So, for now, I am just using my PC until this is sorted out by gasp Parallels, Apple, and Intuit working together and finding out the problem if they realize there is a problem.

Alan

3. kennyb455

kennyb455 Bit poster

If your problem did not solve till now, i would suggest you a recover software that carefully repair your Corrupt Quickbook Files It can easily recover all types of information such as customers, vendors and company’s information.

For more visit this try:- http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/quickbooks-recovery-tool.html

Feel free to if you have any further questions about QuickBooks anything related to set-up. Good luck - QuickBooks is awesome Software

4. joevollm

joevollm Bit poster

One more utility which i can suggest you to repair corrupt or damaged Quickbooks database file, this tool restore the Quickbooks file in a very accurate manner. It is easy to use and fast recovery process. It is available as a free trial version, in trial version you
    can see the preview of recover data:- http://www.filesrecoverytool.com/quickbooks-recovery.html

5. RobertGrant

RobertGrant Bit poster

Yes you can easily recover your lost data from quickbook library by using quickbook recovery software. It easily repairs those files which user fails to access.The quickbook recovery software not only recovers the inaccessible files but also restores them in the location as user suggest.
    Read more - http://www.recoverfilesdata.com/quickbooks-file-recovery.html

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. ChristaA

ChristaA Bit poster

We had similar problem in our QuickBooks database file and fixed with the help of this excellent solution: http://ruselltech.blogspot.com/2014/01/quickbooks-recovery-quickbooks-database.html

This solution is compatible to both Windows and Mac platform and supports to QuickBooks® versions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007. A free trial version is also available on its official website.

7. ameliagmayes

ameliagmayes Bit poster

Recovery for QuickBooks is a software application that recovers damaged and corrupt QuickBooks files. The software efficiently recovers almost every bit of information in the damaged QuickBooks file. This software scans whole drive to search all the QuickBooks files, shows preview of the scanned file before repairing. Read more:-
    http://www.mannatsoftware.com/stellar-phoenix-quickbooks-recovery.html

8. ron1

ron1 Bit poster

QuickBooks file is very perfect for the small and large scale business. Storing and sharing of all details regarding venders, services, customers, employees etc can be done using this tool. But what if it goes corrupted or damaged? You may lose all your important files and data contained in it.
    You could face errors such as,
    • It takes very long to open files
    • Performance issues
    • Task of company file slows down when users increases
    • Data of QuickBooks file can't be moved by users
    • Failure of update
    • Failure of rebuilding of data file
    • Reinstallation failure
    Hence its important for you to always be ready for the consequences because any moment you may face a back lash due to any reason. So take precautions beforehand.
    And once you are in the hole and lost all your crucial data then I would suggest you to try some third party that could get back all your data back and restore them as they were. You can try for any tool and prefer the one you feel worthy but I would advise you to opt for QuickBooks File Repair Tool. Just try this one as well because I found it to be useful.