Rc2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by adiemask, May 24, 2006.

1. adiemask

adiemask Junior Member

I don't know if I'll get an answer on this but;

When can we expect to see RC2?

I am desperate to get a USB webcam working and reading previous postings it would appear that RC2 will facilitate this?

I must congratulate the authors on what appears to be an excellent peice of software.

Regards

Adiemask

2. lasse@christiansens.net

lasse@christiansens.net Member

Since we've just received RC1 it will probably take a while. At the same time some functionality was changed from Beta6 to RC1 Like CTRL+Click and compatibility with virtue desktop manager things that will probably need sorting out before a RC2.

I'm personally still waiting for drag and drop between host and guest and Vmware file format conversion or compatibility :)

3. anville

anville Junior Member

Webcams

What did you read that indicated RC2 would implement webcams? I would love to see it, but all of the posts that I've seen from the parallels teams seemed to imply that they would only fix the broken USB devices from beta6.

Are there plans for 2.1 to handle webcam devices? I think these are "isyncronous" devices in USB terms?

4. adiemask

adiemask Junior Member

I would consider a usb webcam a 'USB DEVICE'!

5. wizzo

wizzo Junior Member

Parallels has never promised 100% compatibility with all USB devices.

Furthermore, when it comes to software development, the next version will be released when it's ready.

Why release it early to satisfy impatient folks who will only turn around and complain about their issue not being fixed?!

6. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

While that's true you have to admit it is a little annoying when people come on the forums with a reasonable complaint/problem and the Parallels team reply saying "yeah it's already fixed, just wait" because you have no idea how long you will have to wait. This could be why a lot of people, me included, are anxious to get the improvements they already say they've implemented.

7. wesley

wesley Pro

I was thinking that they could provide a link to the 'somewhat stable, but not for public consumption' internal beta build to the pre-paid customers (with a heavy dose of disclaimer), but then I don't want to hose my Mac just to satiate the curiosity of whether my USB stuff finally works or not... so I dunno.

8. jtenenb

jtenenb Member

Good idea but then you would have several different groups of beta testers, and many who are less up to date, and it would be that much more confusing as to which testers had which beta and which issues if they released those interim builds more frequently.

-J