Option to disable horizontal scroll wheel needed

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by tbaggett, Sep 3, 2007.

1. tbaggett

tbaggett Bit poster

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate it if an option could be added to the Parallels Mouse Synchronization Tool driver that would allow for horizontal scrolling of the Mac Mighty Mouse scroll wheel to be disabled or ignored.

I scroll application windows using the mouse wheel all the time. However, the scrolling behavior is pretty annoying because it reacts to both horizontal and vertical movement of the scroll wheel.

Mac OS X ignores horizontal scroll wheel motion. It would be great if there was an option for this in Parallels/Windows XP as well.

Thanks!

2. bitsent

bitsent Bit poster

I agree. It took me a while to realize that this is why two-finger scrolling in Firefox is often very jumpy. I have a habit of scrolling down by dragging my two fingers down and slightly left on my MacBook trackpad, but since the 'left' portion actually scrolls UP, this causes jumpiness. I would very much prefer full vertical AND horizontal scrolling (as OS X and Ubuntu both do). I'm running Parallels Desktop 5584 with Ubuntu 7.10 as my guest OS.