Windows Taskbar location...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DocB, Jan 16, 2008.

1. DocB

DocB Junior Member

Suddenly my Windows Taskbar has relocated to the top of the screen. In Coherence it is just under the Mac menu bar. Windowed mode it is at the top of the window. I've tried every Parallels setting but I can not get it back down to the bottom of the screen. I'm running on a MBP Core 2 Duo with 10.5.1 and the latest released Parallels version. In the guest OS configuration Exclude Dock is not checked and under Windows Taskbar Relocate automatically is not checked. I've also tried checking these preferences and no difference.

Suggestions to fix this would be appreciated.

2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

please do the following:
    1. Right-click on the Windows Taskbar and uncheck 'Lock the Taskbar'.
    2. Left-click on the Windows Taskbar and do not release it.
    3. Move the Taskbar to the bottom of the screen and release the mouse.
    4. Right-click on the Windows Taskbar and check 'Lock the Taskbar'.

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. DocB

DocB Junior Member

Thank you! Worked.

4. Ayud

Ayud Bit poster

And, it worked for me too! Thanks!

5. sjferris

sjferris Junior Member

Does not work for me

Hi,

I drag it to the bottom and it instantly goes back to the top. I do not get a chance to click Lock Taskbar.

Any thoughts?

Steve

6. asiedentopf

asiedentopf Bit poster

I need just the opposite. I do not want the Windows task bar to NOT show up at all. In a previous version of Parallels Desktop for Mac I was able to do this. But now no matter what options I choose in Parallels the task bar is there somewhere. And I do NOT want to use the Auto-Hide feature in Windows XP. We want Windows to be invisible with the exception of the Parallels/Window ICON in the Dock.

7. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi asiedentopf,

You can hide Windows taskbar by selecting Hide Windows taskbar menu item in the Application menu of the Parallels Desktop.

Best regards,
    Alexander

8. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Bit poster

I'm having a similar problem. Everytime I start the VM I have to drag the taskbar to the bottom of the screen and relock it. What can I do to get it to say put on booting?

Thanks

9. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

If it is version 4, check for settings in Configure - Coherence- Exclude Dock (relocate automatically)