Build 3224 on 10.5.2 - big problems

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by rotakiwi, Feb 18, 2008.

1. rotakiwi

rotakiwi Bit poster

Hello,

I have freshly bought and installed Parallels Desktop 2.5 Build 3224 on my MacBook 1,83 with Leoprad 10.5.2 and a Boot Camp configuration. But unlike the 1.x-trial-version on 10.4.9, I am experiencing only problems.

1.) Parallels is very hard to launch: either the system hangs completely or Parallels slows down the MacBook extremely and takes about ten minutes to finish the start.

2.) If I manage to start Parallels, I am even able to get to the Windows Activation window. But unfortunately, neither mouse, internal keyboard, external keyboard nor external mouse are working.

3.) The Installation of the Parallels Tools on Boot Camp damaged my Apple Keyboard Manager and even after uninstalling Parallels Tools I have only the grotty Windows-own keyboard mapping (and the internal keyboard does not work any more).

If there are solutions, I will be thankful for any hint. Thank you in advance

Victor R.

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

I think you better upgrade to Parallels 3.0 build 5582

3. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello,

Victor, could you provide us with some additional information for we could investigate the issues profoundly?

Please send us these files, if possible:

* .log , .txt and .png (or screenshot of BSOD) files from /Library/Parallels/bugreports/;
    * /Library/Logs/panic.log or ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Parallels.crash.log from the Mac side;
    * All content from the %SystemRoot%\Minidump (usually C:\Windows\Minidump).

Please check if you have .sav or .mem files in your Virtual Machine folder (Desktop -> Parallels -> VM folder). If you have, please delete them.

You should install Parallels Tools on your VM only, not on BootCamp directly.
    Try to delete Parallels Tools manually:

- Boot Windows in Safe Mode by hitting F8 (Fn+F8) during its boot screen.
    Go to "My Computer" - "C" Drive - "Program Files" - "Parallels" folder and delete the "Parallels Tools" folder.
    - Click the Windows "Start" menu -> "Run" and type "regedit". Hit OK.
    - In Registry Editor, go to "My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Parallels" and delete the "Parallels Tools" entry.

Best regards,
    Xenos

4. rotakiwi

rotakiwi Bit poster

Thank you. [I have added the crash-log as an attachment to this post. I didn't find any other information.]

[EDIT: The file seems to be too big. What shall I do now?

[2nd EDIT: here is the header of the file:

"Date/Time: 2008-02-19 18:25:03 +0100
    OS Version: 10.5.2 (Build 9C31)
    Architecture: i386
    Report Version: 4

Command: Parallels Desktop
    Path: /Applications/Parallels/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/Parallels
    Version: 2.5 (2.5 Build 3224.0)
    Parent: launchd [238]

PID: 1134
    Event: hang
    Time: 46.18s
    Steps: 389"

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  5. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Victor,

Thank you very much for the provided information. We are analyzing the issue.
    The only thing I can currently propose you is to download Parallels Desktop 3.0 trial version from our site.

Best regards,
    Xenos

6. rotakiwi

rotakiwi Bit poster

Hello Xenos,

I am experiencing similar problems with the PD 3.0 trial version. It crashes frequently and the HIDs are not working, so I can neither activate Windows nor install Parallels Tools, because I have to log in with Windows.
    I have submitted the crash-log again to Andrew.

Best regards

Victor

7. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Victor,

I've just sent you an e-mail on the address you used to register on the forum. Could you please send me the crash log?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Xenos

8. rotakiwi

rotakiwi Bit poster

Hello,

did you receive my email? I know, that fixing bugs takes time, so don't feel urged.

Victor

9. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Viktor,

Please sorry for the delay. I've received your letter and sent you another request. Could you let us see what you get in Console when starting Parallels? See the details in my letter.

Best regards,
    Xenos

10. rotakiwi

rotakiwi Bit poster

Hello,

now, sorry for my delay. I have reinstalled Parallels and used an update from www.unimall.de, that has been declared inofficial. Now it seems to work.

Victor