1940 is still not capable of supporting a Philips webcam SPC300NC/00

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by MacUser, Oct 12, 2006.

1. MacUser

MacUser Member

Build 1940 is still not capable of supporting a Philips webcam SPC300NC/00

Despite many ventilations of Parallels about their capability of handling USB webcams in the latest builds it is obvious that this is not true. Many, many webcams are still unsupported and after waiting almost half a year or so thats a real bummer.
    Wim.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  2. Victor

Victor Member

I have 2 web-cams, a firewire iSight and 2 firewire capable video cameras. Not one of them works under parallels and Win XP. A real pain in the bum.

3. austone

austone Junior Member

Part of the problem is some of those devices are high-speed devices, and Parallels has said that they should work when they add in high-speed peripheral support (i.e. USB 2.0 - I think even the iSigh, etc., are seen by Parallels USB 2.0 devices and they don't work right now).

4. Victor

Victor Member

Not all iSights are USB, only the built in ones. Mine is external and thus Firewire. Be that as it may.

According to the release notes

But neither of my USB cams work, One is a Philips PCVC840K/00 the other is a BENQ camera identified as V Micro. Corp. under apples profiler. Both are 12Mbps devices i.e USB 1.1 devices.

So Which camera does work? As Parallels have stated that Web Cams are working I would like to know which. I will go out and buy a new one if need be.

5. ronniech

ronniech Bit poster

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  6. Victor

Victor Member

A phone :confused:

Any webcam's out there?

7. ronniech

ronniech Bit poster

err, a phone that also works as a usb webcam is still a "webcam" device !