3094 & Full Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Carl_MBP, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Carl_MBP

Carl_MBP Bit poster

On all the machines that I have upgraded to version 3094 that are currently running dual screens, when you switch to full screen mode it always defaults to the monitor that has the menu bar on it. Is there anyway around this? It did not do this with version 3036.

However, Coherence mode will keep the windows on the monitor that the OS Window mode was last on. Any ideas on the full screen?

Thanks

Carl

2. sirris101

sirris101 Member

I'm having the same problem. I preferred it when it would go full screen on whichever monitor had the OS Window running when you push Alt-Enter. I've got to downgrade to 3034 until this is fixed.

3. sirris101

sirris101 Member

4. ahmeier

ahmeier Bit poster

Workarounds don't seem to work...

As many I have the same issue with fullscreen display using two screens. The fullscreen defaults to the screen with the menu and can not be brought to the second screen. I tried all posted workarounds, issue remains. Currently the best way to use the beta version is in a screen-sized OS window setup on the second screen.

I am using an Apple cinema screen (21'') as primary, and a DELL flatscreen as secondary display.:confused:

Andreas

5. wcraft

wcraft Bit poster

Full Screen

I am also having the "full screen" problem. In all the earlier versions of Parallels the screen that the OS window was in when the full screen mode was selected was the one that became full screen Windows.

I would really like to have that functionality back since it is sort of disconcerting to have the Windows Start Button and Task Bar in the same area as the Mac Dock.

Thanks for all the hard work you are doing on this program! I was one of the original purchasers before the program ever went gold and I have really gotten my money's worth since then.

It just amazes me how you have smoothly integrated the two OS's into a joint environment. In particular, the Coherence Mode is very nice.

... Bill Craft