3150 Read / Write issues

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by davidenglish, Feb 14, 2007.

1. davidenglish

davidenglish Junior Member

Hello All

I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem.

Macbook Pro
    Parallels Beta 3, ver 3150 RC2
    Windows XP SP2
    Word 2000 in Windows
    My Documents folder remapped to \users\documents

From word in windows xp, I write up a test document. I then click on file, save as. I create a new folder in my documents called, 3150 test. I then try to save my document in this folder and I get, this is a read only folder.

So then I go to finder, open up the documents folder and there is the 3150 test folder that I created in Windows. I try to open this folder and I get this error.

The folder "3150 folder" could not be opened because you do not have sufficient access privileges.

If I do a Get Info on the 3150 folder, no one has access to this folder. I can change the permission, but I don't want to have to do this with every single folder created.

Now, if I try to save the file to my documents folder in windows, without creating a folder, then it saves no problem and I can access the file from both the windows and mac OS.

This is not the first time I have had this problem. And I can not re-create this problem on every machine, joy of running beta software. Perhaps this is just one of those things that will work itself out in the end.

2. gkantz

gkantz Junior Member

You are not the only one getting this error. I can tell you that I started having this problem ever since I upgraded to 3150. I think it's possible that it is affecting permissions on the Mac OS side under certain circumstances.

In my case, I use PaperPort 11 to scan docs, but the actual folders are in the Mac environment and networked to PArallels. If I click on one of these folders that appear in Paperport, no docs appear. When I go back to Mac OS X, I have the same issue you do - no access to the folder. This is an obvious bug.