3188: Parallels Tools Installation Failure

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by kperry7505, Mar 8, 2007.

1. kperry7505

kperry7505 Member

I'm booting WindowsXP Home from the BootCamp partition. Upon installing build 3188 and starting the VM, Parallels Tools tries to install. It produces the following error when trying to install the Parallels Tools: "An error [-5006: 0x8000ffff] has occured while running the setup." I've tried to unstall and install previous installations and still get the error. I tried booting into the BootCamp installaton and unstall the Parallels Tools there and got the same Parallels Tools installation error.

Any ideas?:confused:

2. Silentwalk

Silentwalk Bit poster

I´ve a similiar event. I´ve updated from parallels 3170 RC1 to parallels 3188. After booting windows xp pro the installation of parallels tools started automatically. Unfortunately the installation produced the following error: "paralles tools setup wizard cannot install a required componet or components. please contact Parallels support team". :mad:
    The dinstallation-routine from parallels tools produces the following error: "the current version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate." :confused:
    What´s the problem ????
    What can I do ?

Have anybody an idea ?

thx
    sw

p.s.
    sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

3. lotech

lotech Bit poster

I also am having the same issues as of 3186 and still in 3188.
    Uninstalls & Reinstalls of both Tools (in XP) and Parallels haven't solved the problem. :(

4. lotech

lotech Bit poster

It would seem if you untick Coherene mode on the setup (via Custom) you can install the rest of the tools - just no Coherence. I'll survive for now but it would be good to have that working.