3d max on Mac using Parallels

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by masood, Mar 19, 2008.

1. masood

masood Bit poster

Has anyone encountered any license breaking issue while using 3d studio Max 8 or 9 and Autocad 2008 in Macbook via Parallels? I have had this following problem: Installed Windows Xp on my Macbook Pro via Bootcamp. Installed 3d max 8 and 9 and Autocad 2008 and after installation is complete and I run the software fine but then when I reboot or come back after a couple of days the license breaks! I have read that this is something to do with Bootcamp, so I am wondering if anyone has had this same issue with using Parallels Desktop for Mac. I am thinking of purchasing Parallels but I would like to know an honest and tested answer that if this issue of license breaking does not occur in Parallels. I thank you for your information.

2. masood

masood Bit poster

reply to 3d max on Mac using Parallels

I just wanted to reply that I tried running 3dMax and autocad on Mac using Parallels and there are no licenses breaking like they did using those mentioned softwares with bootcamp. Yepee! Great work Parallels!! Now I can use my mac the way I had inteneded to use it. Thanks Parallels for doing a great job, keep up with improving.

3. Kevin Sung

Kevin Sung Bit poster

Great to see your reply! I am an architect. I have intended to buy a Macbook Pro for long time. However, I had no idea about how 3D MAX works on Mac untill someone told me that, without rebooting, using the Parallets to run 3DMax on Mac is a good choice. Still, I am worried that if it is working as good as it works on PC. Based on your experience, it seems that there is on need to worry about that, doesn't it? Does 3D max work on Mac with Parallets as good as it runs on PC?