4.0.3810 upgrade windows title bar problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jwoodall, Jan 9, 2009.

1. jwoodall

jwoodall Bit poster

I recently upgraded to 4.0.3810.

The only problem I have had with it is that the title bar in some of my Windows shows random characters but most of the time just a bunch of squares.

You can see this in the attached picture.

This doesn't happen in all of my programs. Office programs, IE, Firefox all seem to be ok.

There are only 3 programs at this time that have this problem, one of the which requires .Net.

I have reinstalled .Net and the programs but still it still happens.

This happens in a help desk software called HEAT, Dameware and an XM Radio program that I use.

The strange thing is that when I remote desktop to the guest Windows from another computer, the title bar looks good.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

It seems to be Windows Fonts corruption, (another font is using while remotely)
    Please change font for title bar and check situation

3. jwoodall

jwoodall Bit poster

I have changed the title bar font and size but I still have squares displayed instead of text.

If I switch to window mode or full screen, I see text. This only happens in coherence mode.

Thanks.

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

5. Tom Evans

Tom Evans Bit poster

I'm having a similar issue. In coherence mode only, the title bar on some windows consists of only the 1st character of the normal title bar text. Windowed or full screen mode shows the full title bar if the app is started while in those modes.