5 Button USB Microsoft Mouse

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by wisemagic, Apr 27, 2008.

1. wisemagic

wisemagic Junior Member

Anybody know how to get all the buttons to work on a 5 button microsoft mouse?? The left, right and wheel work, but the 2 buttons on the side are useless.

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

you can install the original drivers but it sure messes up Parallels tools

therefore I use cheap 3 button MS mice

have you discovered on the Mac OS ctri + wheel gives a great zoom in?

Hugh W

3. riorisa

riorisa Bit poster

having the same problem

hello, just wanted to chime in and say i'm having the same problem here. five button microsoft intellimouse explorer usb 4.0 and the two side buttons do not work for "forward" and "back" within my browser. very annoying! i checked the driver and these are the default actions but it still doesn't work. is there a solution for this problem other than using a 3-button mouse instead?

4. wisemagic

wisemagic Junior Member

Oh Well

The biggest problem in all of computing is drivers. The mouse works fine in OS X ( with the Microsoft provided Mac driver ) and before I switched to Apple, a year ago, it worked fine on my old PC. This is just a lack of driver development in Parallels. It is funny that I only use a few applications in windows now, so maybe instead of running a full blown operating system I should give CrossOver a shot. I think it is designed to work with the OS X installed drivers. And, I could re-gain 30+ gigs of my hard drive. Thanks anyway everyone........

5. wizrdry

wizrdry Bit poster

Has anyone figured this out yet? The side buttons (back/forward) causing the start menu to pop up makes using a Vista VM highly annoying. I'm seriously considering buying a new mouse, it's that bad. Along those lines, does anyone have a mouse that has working back and forward buttons in a Vista VM?

6. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

You need to install mouse drivers in Windows, and connect device to Windows only, if you want all buttons usage correctly in WIndows

7. kitty4uhig

kitty4uhig Banned

hi Sophie!

I know this isnt directly UNSW related, but would anyone be able to tell me if Basser have internet in the rooms?

8. wizrdry

wizrdry Bit poster

I now have Parallels 5 and Windows 7 with a Microsoft Explorer Mouse. How do I make the back and forward buttons work?

(I've installed the Intellimouse drivers for Win7. I don't think the past advice still applies -- the options have changed since past versions of Parallels and I'm not sure how to "connect device to Windows only" -- I've tried messing around a bit with the "USB -> Microsoft 2.4GHz Transceiver 4.0" settings but all I can manage to do is make the mouse stop working completely.)

9. aquariusrick

aquariusrick Bit poster

How do you even do this? First off, I install the windows software, but it doesn't recognize a Microsoft Mouse, because it only sees the parallels mouse emulator. So then how do you "connect the device to windows only". It doesn't show up in the list of devices, as do other USB devices that plug in. Is there an instruction on how to do this?

Thanks!

10. KKvane

KKvane Bit poster

Have this issue too - BUG with connecting MS Tranceiver Device

I've connected directly to the Microsoft transceiver 2.4GHz just fine. The MS Natural keyboard works fine in fact. The mouse works but the cursor is not tracking even though screen activity indicates that the mouse is moving (just not visually).

I think this rises to the level of a bug, and I'm wondering if this issue could get addressed.

Thanks!