5 Days Left on Trial Activation - Need New Key

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by valechox, Jun 16, 2007.

1. valechox

valechox

I've got 5 days left on my trial activation for v3.0.....

I'm a Maintenance customer who has already requested a manual key exchange from order-support@parallels because one was not sent to me.

Will the new keys go out before my trial activation ends?

My work hopes so....and so do I.

2. masonjames

masonjames

I'm still waiting for my key as well... I thought for sure I'd have it this week. I haven't downlaoded the trial version yet, because of all the problems I've been reading about and I'm hoping that parallels will address theese issues with a quick update. We'll see. If you're trial ends is there a way to go back to 2.5?

3. snodman

snodman Bit Poster

When did you buy Parallels? Most of us with "Free upgrades for a year" got our keys on the same day this week (last Wednesday IIRC). I purchased during the Christmas promotion.

4. Uezi

Uezi

When you did a backup (always do backups before upgrading the PD !) of you VM's & harddisks (-file) you can uninstall PD3.0 and reinstall PD2.5 (or whatever version you had before).
    If you didn't make a backup, then you'll have a problem... the files are no longer compatible, so it won't run anymore (unfortunately)...

I hope you'll get the keys in time !

5. masonjames

masonjames

I purchased my copy at the end of February. My confirmation email clearly states that I am to receive the free upgrades for a year... but I have emailed parallels and not heard anything yet.

6. David5000

David5000

Same here.

I am not really concerned at this point, though, because I am following dkp's advice to hold off upgrading to 3.0 at least until there is an option to disable SmartSelect, as in this thread <http://forum.parallels.com/thread12564.html>.

For my needs (no games or 3-D), 2.5 is perfectly fine, so it doesn't seem worth the risk to upgrade now.

David

7. wingdo

wingdo Kilo Poster

This is not meant as a long term solution, but solely as a means to help you whilst you wait for a real key. Parallels will send one trial key to an e-mail account, perhaps you have two e-mail addresses ..........

8. valechox

valechox

wingdo,

A wonderfully functional solution. I feel foolish not having thought of it myself....

Thanks!

9. seebs

seebs

Ironically, I got an upgrade key last week, even though I have no possible use for one, since I only bought after the 3.0 release!