5060 Coherence - Window is out of bounds on 2nd monitor

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Public Beta' started by forgie, Aug 21, 2007.

1. forgie

forgie

I have my Macbook (1280x800) setup with a 1680x1050 LCD as a dual monitor setup. When in coherence mode, Parallels seems to treat the two monitors like one big 1050x(1680+1280) display. Occasionally a window will open up with it's menu bar too high on the MB display, and there's no way that I can actually move it.

On most windows, I can use a combination of resizing the window and dragging it around to eventually get it to somewhere that I can actually use the menu bar.

Will parallels have a better solution for dealing with multiple monitors in Coherence mode? Are there any fixes in the works? It would be good if Parallels could somehow stop windows from opening windows that are "out of range" of the physical display space if it is in fact true that windows thinks I have a 1050x(1680+1280) display.

2. Leonard

Leonard

Even after selecting the app (on taskbar ot with ALT+TAB), right clicking and selecting "Move" (or ALT+SPACE then pressing "m") and then moving the window using the cursor key?

3. forgie

forgie

I didn't know you could use the cursor keys, but it appears to work fine. It would be good if PD could try and sort this out though....

Are there any plans for PD to emulate the actual monitors on the host machine? Or will it continue to emulate one monolithic display that covers the full dimensions of your displays composited together?

4. iduff

iduff Product Expert

The one monolithic display is crummy.

I would like to have apps in Coherence act similarly to Mac apps, i.e. when I move a Coherence app from one monitor to another, then click maximize, that Coherence take advantage of the resolution of the monitor on which the app is displaying.

What I don't like is having a 1280x1024 external monitor next to the 1440x900 MBP display acting like one 2720x900 display when I maximize a Coherence app.

5. forgie

forgie

That annoys me too - I want to be able to hit "maximise" and not have it take up all of my virtual monolithic display (which means that 1/10 of the window is hidden in "no mans land" anyway).