5540/Leopard/Volumizer - Installer Hangs

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Public Beta' started by markroedel, Oct 29, 2007.

1. markroedel

markroedel

I hadn't experienced this installing any previous Parallels version...not sure if the new behavior is due to a change in the 5540 installer, or because I installed Leopard over the weekend.

Anyway...

When I attempted to run the installer for build 5540, it was hanging right after asking me for my administrator password. I couldn't gracefully close the process ("Can't close/busy/try again later"), and when I'd force-quit, just before going away it'd give me a dialog box saying I needed to close Parallels Desktop before upgrading.

I finally figured out that Volumizer (http://homepage.mac.com/gweston/volumizer/index.html) was the culprit. I had it set to show mounted disk images in my dock, and to do that it had a "Parallels Desktop" process running corresponding to the disk image that contains the installer. On the assumption that the Parallels installer was just looking for that string in the active process list, I turned off that feature in Volumizer and was able to complete the installation.

2. padmedala9

padmedala9

Me too

I'm having the same issue but do not have Volumizer installed. This is on my new 24-inch iMac, but the installer works fine on my MBP. Any thoughts?

3. Perplexes

Perplexes

It hung for me too - A workaround:

cd /Volumes/Parallels Desktop/Install Parallels Desktop.pkg/Contents/Resources
    sudo ./preflight

That seemed to unstick it.

4. john dowell

john dowell

I've tried turning off internet sharing and the above workaround but my installer is still stuck - any other suggestions?

5. STim

STim Super Moderator

john dowell,
    This build should fix your issue. Please let us know if the installer proceeds with it on your Mac.

Thank you in advance.

6. Robert Moyes

Robert Moyes

Build 5570 works!

But it doesn't accept my Activation Key. Any help?

thanks,

RM

7. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

Robert Moyes, could you please send me your key via PM?

Best regards,
    Alicia.

8. Heribert

Heribert

Alicia,

same problem for me.
    I can't even install from my original CD's/Downloads anymore......

I already send a mail to support and Ksenia is working on it...

I don't want to loose my VM's (including several Linux and Oracle installations), so i decided to not just delete everything... ;-)))

Cheers,
    Heribert

9. rjscored

rjscored

10. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

Heribert, the trial period should be long enough but if you have to prolong the trial use, feel free to contact me or any other member of our team.

Best regards,
    Alicia.