5570 and Word 2007

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Public Beta' started by johnnywey, Nov 26, 2007.

1. johnnywey

johnnywey

First of all, let me say that 5570 is light-years ahead of 5540! I am happily working in Parallels again, and enjoying the features I regularly use as a big part of my work flow.

It also looks as though the problem with Visio and copy/paste is fixed, which is great!

Word 2007, however, has a small but strange problem. I have a drive mapped in Parallels that points to my Mac's desktop. I often save files there as a quick "stop-gap" between editing them in Windows and them e-mailing them in OS X.

When I "Save As ..." in Word and select the location to be the drive mapping of the Mac, I see a folder pop out of nowhere along with my file. This folder is called "Desktop" and appears to contain my Mac's desktop for my user. If I try to delete it, I can't. When I reboot, the folder is gone and all is well.

Not a big issue, but strange and I thought perhaps worth a look by your QA department. I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I normally save documents in the Word 2003 format rather than the Word 2007 format.

thanks and bravo on the new build!
    johnny

OS X 10.5.1
    3GB RAM
    iMac Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz
    Dual 24" monitors
    Coherence in spanned mode