access all print features in Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by EveningClouds, Jan 29, 2010.

1. EveningClouds

EveningClouds Junior Member

I can access the Mac printer, but it is a generic driver. My printer has a duplex feature that I can't access from Windows. Do I just need to install the proper print driver on the Windows side? The print driver provided by Parallels is just a generic HP or Apple device.
    Parallels docs are very unclear, or seem to assume that the generic drivers are sufficient. Am I missing something?

2. ZBSarah

ZBSarah Bit poster

Duplex printing from Parallels?

Hi Pete - I'm searching for an answer as to whether I can yet use the duplex functions of my printer from Parallels and I came across your posting. Did you ever manage to resolve the issue? Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Sarah

3. EveningClouds

No, have not solved the problem and never heard anything back from Parallels either.

4. Printfun

Printfun Member

My understanding is, if you are printing out of a Windows program, you will need to install the Windows driver for that device and vice versa. Has worked well for me on a number of different printers. It only takes a couple of minutes to download the correct drivers and install them- well worth it.

5. EveningClouds

doesn't work for me

I have tried numerous time to install the Brother Windows driver into the Windows desktop, but it doesn't work. The Wizard looks like it's installing, but then the printer that shows up on the print screen simply fails to print. I've been trying to figure out whether it's a port setting, but all my experiments fail.

The Postscript driver does install, but that doesn't allow access to the duplex settings.

So I'm stuck. Downloading the latest Brother driver doesn't help.

6. migl15

migl15 Bit poster

Using duplex feature on ADOBE

Hi Peter, did you ever resolve this issue. I have the same problem printing from Adobe and selecting the feature 'choose paper source by PDF page size'. I have a Brother DCP8080DCN with 2 trays (letter and legal) and have loaded the driver on Windows XP. It worked with Parallels 6 and Snow Leopard but it doesn't work with Parallels 7 and Lion.