access Mac OS X folders from within Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by coolmemin, Dec 25, 2006.

1. coolmemin

coolmemin Junior Member

Hello everyone, I'm fairly good with computers but just barely started playing around with linux so I'm playing around with Ubuntu under parallels and for the life of me I can't figure out how to access my OSX folders under Ubuntu. I have my macbook set to a static IP and I have my parallels set up to host-only networking with Internet sharing set to share my airport internet to ethernet adaptor 2 and 3(I didn't know which one to do it to so I just shared with both???) Anyways, with these settings the internet works fine under Ubuntu but I can't access my OSX folders. I've read a couple of articles but can't quite get it to work. Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

Have you shared the desired OSX folders on the network?

3. coolmemin

coolmemin Junior Member

Ok, well I think I am, but I guess a good question would be under what network??? Parallels doesn't have an option to share folders under linux, only windows so I'm assuming it has to be done some other way. I've successfully shared folders with a windows xp partition but because parallels doesn't offer this shared folders option I haven't been able to figure it out

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

Oh, I meant set OSX to allow access to the folders you are interested in sharing from the network. If you can access the OSX folders from another machine on your network (regardless of platform) you should be able to access them from your guest. More clear?

5. coolmemin

coolmemin Junior Member

Ok this is clear. So at home I have some folders set to share with my girlfriend's windows computer and it works fine. So assuming that I set it up correctly on the Mac OS X end how do I tell Ubuntu to look for these folders. I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge of the linux platform but I guess everyone has to start somewhere :)

Thanks again, I really appreciate it

6. davide

davide Member