Activation Key for Windows Insider ISO

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac Technical Preview' started by wrod59, Dec 18, 2020.

1. BobW11

BobW11 Bit Poster

Brilliant! Ok would you suggest purchase in the store (in VM) or website?

2. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

It's probably more convenient to use the store app than the MS website, but otherwise it shouldn't matter. Or you can save a few bucks on amazon (currently $180,99 if you're in the US). Wherever you get the key, make sure that it gets linked to your Microsoft account in Windows.

3. PaulW17

PaulW17 Bit Poster

Fast Software [https://fastsoftware.co.uk] do Pro keys for £30. Work well and never had one expire or not activate. Currently using one for the ARM build and working perfectly.

4. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

At that price it's definitely not a retail key. At best it's OEM, at worst it's a volume license. Of course the risk of getting a bad key is somewhat mitigated by the keys being very cheap.

5. BobW11

BobW11 Bit Poster

Does seem suspicious and too good to be true.

6. DaxA

DaxA Bit Poster

Holy cow. I honestly just tried this and it worked on my M1 + Parallels Tech Preview + Windows ARM Insider Preview

7. JohnS30

JohnS30 Bit Poster

I used an old Windows 7 license key I had and it was accepted

8. AlanB14

AlanB14 Bit Poster

Just visited the site - sadly there's a SOLD OUT notification now :(

9. Dean Lubaki

Dean Lubaki Bit Poster

I was able to activate it with a Windows 10 Education license (which my university is giving out for free)! Once I entered the product key, the note at the bottom of the screen changed from "Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview" to "Windows 10 Education Insider Preview".

10. RaphaelB3

RaphaelB3

I'm using M1 + Parallels Tech Preview + Windows ARM Insider Preview, and I need to activate this windows version.
    Anyone could help me? There's a SOLD OUT warning in that website when I try to purchase a Pro Key. Pleaseeee!

11. DavidV10

DavidV10 Bit Poster

I'm confused. I thought Windows on Arm was a beta application?? I did not think you could run the current WOA builds permanently??
    So why do I have to use one of my licenses, or purchase a new license to run beta software temporarily?

12. Omari

Omari Bit Poster

After downloading and installing Windows for Arm Insider Preview can I turn off developer preview and use regular Windows for Arm instead?

13. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

Sort of, but not really. You can leave the Insider Program and wait for regular releases to catch up with the Insider build you have currently installed. You can't install the currently available regular Windows on ARM, though.

Omari likes this.