Active Sync for Mobile

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sithlord55123, Sep 29, 2006.

1. sithlord55123

sithlord55123 Bit poster

I've used Active Sync for a number of year for my PDAs and/or Smart Phones. Right now I own a Motorola Q. Windows XP recognizes the phone [through Parallel VM,] but Active Sync doesn't. the USB is working but Active sync doesn't show it's connected. Need an interface for phone devices to Active Sync.

2. bigdollaaz

bigdollaaz Bit poster

Parallels XP and Motorola Q WM5 Mobile phone

I am having the same problem. It llooks like when I activate the USB device under Parallels, it loads then unloads the Motorola device. It is not Active Sync it is a Parallels issue. Maybe Parallels could support sharing bluetooth devices so we can try it that way. :(

3. chocobo2k

chocobo2k Bit poster

I tried it with my Dell Axim v51x and It works flawlessly. It is on Windows mobile 5

4. JBHorner

JBHorner Bit poster

I believe this is unique to the Q. I have both a Q and a PPC6700. The PPC6700 synchronizes just fine. The Q does not. That is not to say the Q is the issue, rather, there must be special things that the Q does to communicate over USB that Parallels doesn't appear to support.

Joel

5. mikesims10670

mikesims10670 Bit poster

Interesting ... I also have an Axim v51x and I cannot see it in the Devices menu in parallels, and windows doesnt see it either ... any ideas on what the problem might be?