Aero animation not working in 7 and Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by blazer, Nov 14, 2009.

1. blazer

blazer Bit poster

Hi, tried the trial build of PD5 (release) on MBP 2009 17'' - aero animation when you are closing or opening windows just doesn't work, while the transparency and Flipd 3D is working. reinstalling of parallels tools etc does not help.
    The animation never worked for me in Windows 7, BUT it worked in Vista for beginning, but then also stopped to work. Switching from GeForce 9400M to 9600M does not help. How can I fix this problem? I had the same problem in a beta build also.

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

blazer,

Lets try this. Click Start button and type in "systempropertiesperformance" without quotes (yes, that long word). On the panel that appears check "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" (uncheck and check if already checked) then click Apply and OK.

3. blazer

blazer Bit poster

Did that and found that all checkboxes are already checked there, BUT just clicking OK made the effects working! thanks so much! Not sure what is a problem, but I had this bug with more than 1 OS installation and I believe Parallels should add something to prevent that.