Allow Miracast to be used with Parallels Desktop 15!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by RayhanK, Sep 4, 2019.

1. RayhanK

RayhanK Bit Poster

I was wondering when Miracast will work with Parallels and why it isn't working already. Are there any other solutions to get Miracast working on the meantime?

NickB18 and DanielV10 like this.
  2. DanielV10

DanielV10 Bit Poster

I'm heavily missing this feature because I liked to miracast my screen (on Lenovo Windows 10 device) to a Microsoft Display Adapter or Microsoft Surface Hub. I think, that there must be a Wifi-card present within the virtual machine. Until now, I did not find a way, how to get this to work.

3. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi, Miracast dongles connect over HDMI to computers/TVs.
    Unfortunately we're not able to implement this feature, until Macs support Miracast.
    But if you would like to take part in the Parallels Desktop improvement, please share your feature request at this thread.
    We appreciate your time and cooperation with us.

4. DanielV10

DanielV10 Bit Poster

Hi Maria,
    thank you very much.
    An idea came to my mind to come around the fact, that Macs don't support Miracast: I've bought a WiFi USB Adapter and forced the connection of the plugged in device to the Win 10 VM. The device shows up in Windows 10 as expected and I was full of anticipation that Miracast will work then. The opposite was the fact - Miracast is still not working.
    But now, it's not because of Mac, it's because of the Parallels display driver that support WDDM 1.1 only and not WDDM 1.3.
    Do you have a graphics driver that is WDDM 1.3 compatible? I would love to try that.
    Kind regards,
    Daniel

5. RayhanK

RayhanK Bit Poster

What USB WiFi driver are you using? I still don't have Miracast. I do hope it gets fixed though.

6. DanielV10

DanielV10 Bit Poster

I'm having a TP-Link Nano adapter but I'm not sure 100% that this one would work, because the requirement of having a graphics driver with WDDM support 1.3 is missing by Parallels. That must be solved first. WDDM version 1.1 support, which comes with the current Parallels graphics driver, was introduced with Windows 7 - very old indeed.
    Cheers,
    Daniel