Any Happy MPB 17" Core 2 Duo / 3.0 / XP Users?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by justflybob, Jun 8, 2007.

1. justflybob

justflybob Member

Since I need XP for work and cannot afford much downtime, screwing around with patches, fixes etc., I need to know this.....

Anyone out there who has successfully updated from 2.5 (build 3188) to 3.0 (build 4124) on a MacBook Pro 17" Core 2 Duo, with 2G RAM, running XP SP2?

If so, I would love to hear your response - either here or by private message.

Thanks! :D

2. guydavies

guydavies Member

Hi Justflybob,

Yes, I'm a happy user of a 17" C2D MBP. I was on the beta and early versions of the beta were pretty heavy on memory so, if you were using other memory heavy apps, then paging became a problem with 2GB RAM. The last beta was much better (the other memory heavy apps were also updated with performance enhancements that improved memory utilisation at the same time as the last beta was released).

In any case, I upgraded on Monday to 3GB RAM and paging was almost eliminated. It runs like a dream. Just a shame about the licensing debacle for us non-US customers.

Rgds,

Guy

3. crag

crag Member

Actually yes. But, (and a big BUT) if you thinking games then a big fat NO. But Parallels runs all my non-game Windows XP apps fine.

4. mcowger

mcowger Member

Similar config here but with 15" C2D with 3.0 and XP. Working great for, though I dont use games, so....

5. jnimmo

jnimmo Junior Member

Yup, I have had no problems with 15" MBP C2D, people are talking about a performance hit but XP is booting faster for me than it usually does

6. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

all fine here.. 17"mbp c2d, 2gb ram, xp/vista/fedora7/redhat ES4 guests.