Anybody got a fix to 3106 Boot Camp Issues?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by demsharp, Dec 31, 2006.

1. demsharp

demsharp Bit poster

I've been experiencing a combination of two situations with Build 3106 others have been reporting when trying to get Parallels to boot from a Boot Camp partition.

I first was getting the "Parallels desktop cannot find necessary drivers to configure your boot camp partition" error, along with the Boot Camp partition (FAT32) getting unmounted from the system.

After a few reboots and fresh attempts, I began getting the "unable to mount bootcamp disc image" error message instead.

Somewhere in here, Parallels also placed a 0 kb file called "Need Install Parallels Tools" on the Boot Camp partition.

Occasionally, it simply freezes the entire Mac.

I am able to boot into WindowsXP (SP2 Clean Install) normally through Boot Camp, and tried installing Parallels-Tools-Bcp-1.0.3-Win.exe there... It gets about 90% through the install and then bails out after registering components with "Error Code 1."

Has anyone yet identified a workaround/fix to these problems, as obviously others have been able to get this to work successfully?

(Using my old Parallels 2.2 virtual disk image, by the way, this build works beautifully and coherence/drag-and-drop are fantastic...)

Thanks!