Anybody have working bootcamp install with 5160?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by maser, Sep 12, 2007.

1. maser

maser Bit poster

Thread was moved from "Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux > Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux" to "Parallels Desktop for Mac > Installation and Configuration in Mac OS".
    Stacey M

I have a Ghosted XP image that works fine -- in Bootcamp.

But when I try to use the new (5160) Parallels build to boot this bootcamped disk up, I get the message:

Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.

Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.

Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

So, I'm thinking it's either the boot.ini file I have *or* the hal.dll/ntoskrnl.exe file I'm using in my XP image.

Can somebody who has parallels/bootcamp actually working (and I have a MacBook Pro), post:

1) Their boot.ini file?

2) The *size* of c:\windows\system32\hal.dll

3) The *size* of c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Maybe my image is using the wrong files -- even though everything works fine in Bootcamp 1.4

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2007