Anyone have Boot Camp Vista working?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by scotini, Oct 23, 2007.

1. scotini

scotini Bit poster

So I've read several of the posts about Boot Camp installations not working. Has anyone managed to get Boot Camp Vista working in Paralles? I can't find anyone that has. There seem to be some XP installations working but even that seems a bit tenuous.

As far as I can tell this article describes what is likely going on but offers little in the way of helping find a solution:

device driver updates causing Vista to deactivate

My Vista Ultimate installed under Boot Camp on 15" PB worked with Parallels for like a month and then stopped. I can't remember if it happened after updating to 5160. Does Vista Boot Camp work under 4560?

I can still run Vista under Boot Camp fine but when I try to access Vista under Parallels I get a message asking me to re-register. Linux doesn't ask me to re-register, why can't Vista be more like Linux?

Anyhow, what would really be cool is if a Parallels person replied to this post saying they'll have a fix in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Scott