Anyone know how to get Office working in Windows (Arm 64)?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac Technical Preview' started by KaneF, Dec 18, 2020.

1. kundanno

kundanno Bit Poster

32-bit

2. WillH7

WillH7 Bit Poster

I'm using the 64 bit version of Office on an M1 Mac Mini w/ 16 GB running Parallels + Windows ARM with 4 CPUs and 4 GB RAM. It's plenty snappy. My M1 ram in use is around 11 GB with all of this running, so having only 8 GB of RAM is probably why it's sluggish for you.

3. WillH7

WillH7 Bit Poster

Correction - I am using the 32 bit version of Office.

4. JoaoC4

JoaoC4 Bit Poster

The office work good, but default apps from windows not open, like store....

5. RichardT22

RichardT22 Bit Poster

Did anyone manage to get Teams running in the VRM environment?

I'm receiving the same error whilst installing as those in December with JavaScript issues - unfortunately I cannot utilise the native M1 application due to company policy on BYOD Mac devices and O365.

Everything else for O365 is working, just not Teams and unfortunately that's where I live most of my life...

6. BillyR

BillyR Bit Poster

I'm running Parallels Desktop 16 Technical Preview for M1 on MacBook Air with 16GB memory. I've install Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (build 21318) and am attempting to install Microsoft Office 365 (64-bit). I've checked About and it says I'm running 64-bit operating system.

Like many others, I am unable to install Office using 64-bit version, only 32-bit will install. Unfortunately I need 64-bit version due to Outlook extensions I have to run.

I've tried cleaning my system of any 32-bit Office apps as recommended but it hasn't made a difference.

Is there a way around this issue or is this just a limitation of Windows 10 Preview for ARM?

7. Dean Lubaki

Dean Lubaki Bit Poster

I am also getting the JavaScript error, even with the ARM version of Teams

8. Dean Lubaki

Dean Lubaki Bit Poster

Office has an ARM version but I am not sure how/where to download it.

9. GerhardM7

GerhardM7 Bit Poster

If you are a Office365 subscriber just download from the login.microsoftonline.com web site (after loggin into your account) and the download will download the correct ARM64 version to your M1 Mac.

10. kundanno

kundanno Bit Poster

A) you can download it from the Microsoft store, which should work now if you are on the latest dev build or B) download it from Microsoft if you have an Office 365 subscription

11. Dean Lubaki

Dean Lubaki Bit Poster

Have y'all actually tried it? The Microsoft Store wants me to purchase it although I have 365, and Microsoft's website is not allowing me to select the ARM64 version and downloads the x86_64 version instead.

12. Dean Lubaki

Dean Lubaki Bit Poster

I just downloaded Microsoft Word from the Microsoft Store and it's x86.

13. kundanno

kundanno Bit Poster

I download Office from my office.com portal (part of Office 365) and it was x86 32-bit. I have not been able to locate an Arm64 distribution of Office.

14. GerhardM7

GerhardM7 Bit Poster

Well, I did not download Office 365 for Mac from the Microsoft Store but from login.microsoftonline.com. From macOS it loads the Mac Version of office, from the ARM Version of Windows under Parallels it loads the 32Bit x86 Version. The web site auto-detects which version to install.

[​IMG]

15. JeromeL6

JeromeL6 Bit Poster

Did you try LibreOffice ?