API Available ?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GregSOAP, Aug 30, 2013.

1. GregSOAP

GregSOAP

Is there or will there be any API level capabilities for integration by an application into Parallels Access ?

2. lotw

lotw Product Expert

I doubt that. They have never in the past had an API with Parallels Desktop, Parallels Mobile, etc. The like the closed source model and for some things like this I am glad.

3. GregSOAP

GregSOAP

Well we can hope. There are a few items they could expose that could potentially significantly make their product more "sticky" (after all there are a ton of RDP clients out there) and make the user experience better at the same time.

The two items I have in mind are:
    Someway for the application to determine that it is being accessed through a parallels access instance - this way the interface could update itself if needed. For example the application could switch to a larger menu/toolbar mode.
    Able to preprocess Siri requests so that the application could also perform actions based on certain phrases.

4. lotw

lotw Product Expert

For me it needs Phone version, some of the bugs squashed, and a performance boost. Needs controls for picking refresh, screen resolution, keyboard auto on/off. My tests I have run shows that PA is slower for most things then the product they killed, Parallels Mobile. Only thing that works better is streaming a video from your Mac or PC.

For ease of use it gets a 8.5, for price vs practicality it gets a 2. If the price included Parallels Desktop and had a phone version then I might consider the fee.