Applications/games not working in Windows on Arm

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Mikhail Ushakov, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Sam49

Sam49 Bit poster

Genshin Impact texture issues .Really annoying

Attached Files:

2. JeffR9

JeffR9 Bit poster

Trying to run Lineage 1 Justice on MacBook Pro M1 Sonoma with Parallels 19 and Windows 11. I run jLauncher.exe, click Play (after setting windowing mode to full screen) and then click Justice Server. I get Set failed err 80004001. Somewhere I've read that it might have to do with video scaling. I've tried a variety of different settings and combinations with the same error. The app is x86. Works fine on regular PCs. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

3. JeffR9

JeffR9 Bit poster

Well with the great help of the Parallels support group and a little tinkering of my own, we have figured out how to run Lineage 1 from Justice server in windowed and full screen modes. The steps are, leave all Parallels control settings as default, install Windows 11 ARM, download the Lineage zip file from the Justice server. It will save the file to the shared Mac folder in Windows 11. Unzip it in this same location. (You will have to add the folders and files involved in this to Exclusions for microsoft anti-virus). Go to the Login.exe file, right-click and select Properties. Select the Compatibility tab, click the button for adjusting DPI scaling, and then check the bottom box for adjusting DPI scaling and select Application from the drop down menu. You will need to run jLauncher.exe the first time you run Lineage, but only to select whether you want it to run in windowed mode or full screen. This can be set by clicking the Reset button and selectingn your choice. After this click the x to close the window (do not run it from here). Go to the Login.exe file and launch the game from there. That's it! Thanks again to the great help from the Parallels support team.

4. JudsonW

JudsonW Bit poster

i recently purchased a brand new M2 ultra mac pro, installed parallels with windows 11, installed carestream imaging software that runs flawlessly on my intel machines, but i get this message upload_2024-2-7_16-13-13.png - is it possible to run this application on the M2 machine? is there a workaround for running applications that worked on intel macs on M2 machines?

5. SteinarN

SteinarN Bit poster

I am making a home golf simulator, and I want to use my MacBook Air (M2, 2023). I got The Golf Club 2019 (TGC 2019) and installed it, but when I start the game it just show a start-up picture (still picture) and nothing more happens. After a while Windows tells me the game is not responding.

Parallels version: 18.3.2, Standard Edition
    running Windows 11 Pro
    on MacBook Air M2 2023, 16GB RAM

Game requirements:

MINIMUM:
    • OS: Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-760 @ 2.80GHz or equivalent
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVidia GTX 670 or equivalent
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible
    RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 3.20GHz or equivalent
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVidia GTX 1060 (or better), for 4K NVidia GTX 1080 (or better)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible

6. Fullstack

Fullstack Azure Data Factory Bit poster

nice article.
    thanks for sharing with us

7. JamesB67

JamesB67 Bit poster

Im running World of Warships on my M2 Max Studio Mac and it won't draw a small number of very important lines (or maybe shading?) that make it unusable. Happy to give more detail as needed.

8. Trishna Oobeyram

Trishna Oobeyram Staff Member

Hello @JamesB67
    We have created a support ticket for this issue.
    Kindly check your email for future messages.
    Regards,

9. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hi all,
    We've just created a KB article to help those who have issues with installing ArcGIS Pro in a Windows VM on Macs with Apple silicon chips: https://kb.parallels.com/130120.

10. AstrianZ

AstrianZ Bit poster

upload_2024-4-14_17-39-38.png

Cannot run the FFXIV benchmark tool (Dawntrail) on Windows 11 ARM edition. This dialog will appeared.
    The general FFXIV program can be execute normally.

11. KAS3

KAS3 Bit poster

Unable to run ARK Survival Ascension , it crashes at each launch with a fatal error message . Other games that require EAC are also unable to launch as Apex Legends with an ARM64 error message.

12. ParallelsU1320

ParallelsU1320

I am having this exact issue with this program. Were you able to find a solution?

13. shivamr2

shivamr2 Bit poster

can you suggest to me any reliable solution for the same problem?

14. PeterB80

PeterB80 Bit poster

I've a M3 Mac with 24gb running Parrallels. I've tried Resident Evil 3 and 4 using Steam. Both fail on start up with a DirectX12 error, despite DXDiag showing that DirectX12 is present. As I want to add mods from Nexus, I need to be inside a working MS Windows environment.

Is this a bug in DirectX12?

15. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hey @PeterB80, please disregard the DirectX version you see in dxdiag - this is the Microsoft runtime version (see Feature Levels on the Display tab > Drivers). DirectX 12 is still in development and not available in Parallels Desktop yet.

FranciscoD6 likes this.
  16. PeterB80

PeterB80 Bit poster

Thank for the fedback - muich appreciated. Is there any timescale for a prospective Directx12 release ie: 6 months, 1 year 2 years?

17. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Dmitry - any ideas on if or when Parallels will support DirectX 12? Would love to be able to play Diablo IV and Diablo II Resurrection on Parallels and then get rid of Crossover which runs them fine.

18. HaraldSt

HaraldSt Member

Is there a timetable for that? It's a pretty urgent feature for modern games.

FranciscoD6 likes this.
  19. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

@PeterB80, @SWANDY, @HaraldSt, I'm sorry but I cannot share our development roadmap, but please note that implementing DirectX 12 graphics level is a massive engineering effort and the work is in progress.

Just now, we released Parallels Desktop version 20, updating the Parallels display and reaching version 12 for the device driver interface (DDI) with graphics' feature level 11_1. Alas, most games won't benefit from this graphics level, but I am happy to get your feedback if you notice any changes or improvements to the gaming experience.

All in all, the progress continues but there is still a lot of work to do to reach feature level 12_0 (true DirectX 12).

20. Alan Shutko

Alan Shutko Bit poster

To report: Dragon Age: Inquisition does not start on Parallels Desktop 20 (purchased through steam, launched via steam through the EA app). The EA App seems to correctly handle licensing and start Inquisition, but the Inquisition process closes without displaying a screen.