Audio/Video Sync on WMP/Slingplayer

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dwrowley, Apr 14, 2006.

1. dwrowley

dwrowley Junior Member

Everything is working fine under beta 3 - great work!

However, I still can't figure out how to get good sync between audio and video under XP (in either WMP or Slingplayer). The video is consistently ahead of the audio by 0.5 to 1 second.

I've tried varying the acceleration settings, etc. but to no avail.

I know a number of people on the board are running Slingplayer - is everything in sync for you?

Am I missing something obvious?

I'm running beta 3 on a 20" iMac with 512mb memory (standard config)

Pointers appreciated,
    David

2. jsolderitsch

jsolderitsch Member

I would like to echo David's comment.

I do not have Slingbox (yet) but I was just trying to view a wmp file and the sound and picture were out of sync just as David describes.

I am running Macbook Pro 2.16, 2 gb of memory, OS 10.4.6, Parallels beta 3.

I just set up my Windows XP VM this evening from an oem Windows XP Pro SP2 CD. I did install the Parallels tools as well.

It works surprisingly well. I had been playing with a few linux installs in Parallels prior to my XP install.

Would be nice to get sync of audio and video.

Jim

3. wesley

wesley Pro

Sound sync off by about half a second confirmed here running WinXP SP2. Mac mini Core Duo 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, OS X 10.4.6, PW2.1b3.

Also, sound doesn't work quite right on Win2K SP4. It seems to be okay at first, but after installing IE6SP1, the system freezes after playing about half a second of sound. The VM doesn't crash or anything... the Windows just... doesn't do anything anymore.